Pneumonia from working on tractor?????

/ Pneumonia from working on tractor?????
Fluid in the lungs is another MAJOR side effect of congestive heart failure. Have a story about that also;;;; WATCH THOSE DRUG INTERACTIONS!!!!

Don

/ Pneumonia from working on tractor?????
"I think the real question is can you build a FEL cheaper than you can buy one and install it? "

Cost? What's that got to do with it? How about the learning experience? The Joy? The.... LOL

To save @$1,500 I have invested in a drill press, welder, bandsaw & misc hand tools. Not counting the medical expenses the FEL (and tools) probably might leave a positive balance of @$200 if I amortize the tools only against the FEL. Having said that, I haven't told you guys about stting the tractor on fire (cosmetic damage) which I may or may not repair.

It's been an experience, and still going on.

/ Pneumonia from working on tractor????? #23  
<font color=blue>"...setting the tractor on fire..."</font color=blue>

Did I mention that aromatic hydrocarbons and products of combustion are well known pulmonary irritants? /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Pneumonia from working on tractor????? #24  
No problem - you're right, TIC (Tongue In Cheek) along with some other things, are really hard to "get" with the written word. Tnx for the clarification! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Pneumonia from working on tractor????? #25  
<font color=blue>The health of the exposee and the type/amount of exposure can combine to have the patient get enough inflammation to cause breathing problems.</font color=blue>

My own single experience with pneumonia came when I used to be a cigarette smoker, and also acquired influenza. The combination of irritant and infection proved my undoing. I have had the flu several times since, but absent the other irritation, it has not resulted in pneumonia. [Not preaching against smoking here, I still enjoy a cigar occasionally]

I guess what we can learn from this thread, as suggested by Steven, Justractors, wroughtn_harv, RanchMan, and DocHeb, is that we protect ourselves from all sorts of inhaled irritants.

/ Pneumonia from working on tractor????? #26  
If you were welding Galvanized steel sheet, breathing the zinc oxide produced can cause "metal fume fever". In addition to Zinc it can be caused by cadmium, chromium, copper, nickel and lead.

The symptoms can include dizziness, nausea, vomiting, cold sweats, shakes, chills, disorientation, headaches, inflamed lungs, pneumonia and/or a feeling you are "too sick to die"