Pole Barn sizing for workshop and placement

/ Pole Barn sizing for workshop and placement #21  
My camper just barely doesn’t fit a 10x10 door. Would fit in 11 ft high. But, no room for it anyways. It is now stuffed full.
I really like having that camper in the barn. I’ve spent a few hot summer nights in it out there, because that AC unit up top works better than the one in our house.

I’m surprised how efficient that old camper AC is. I was going to run a 30 amp circuit and outlet for it out there, but it does ok on the 20 one that I have it plugged into. That’s running just the camper AC though.

I have a separate beer fridge in the barn on a different circuit. If I ever wanted to run the camper fridge, along with the AC, then I’d run 30 amps to it.

It’s also nice not having the sun beating on it, or worrying if the roofs going to leak in the rain or the snow load on it in the winter.

/ Pole Barn sizing for workshop and placement #22  
I really like having that camper in the barn. I’ve spent a few hot summer nights in it out there, because that AC unit up top works better than the one in our house.

I’m surprised how efficient that old camper AC is. I was going to run a 30 amp circuit and outlet for it out there, but it does ok on the 20 one that I have it plugged into. That’s running just the camper AC though.

I have a separate beer fridge in the barn on a different circuit. If I ever wanted to run the camper fridge, along with the AC, then I’d run 30 amps to it.

It’s also nice not having the sun beating on it, or worrying if the roofs going to leak in the rain or the snow load on it in the winter.
Yes, I would love to have my camper inside. Sitting in the sun does a lot of damage. Maybe I will build a building just for it. Last year I built a new pad for it.
20231005_165019_IMG_1313_MD_home_BarnConduit_CamperPad.JPG

/ Pole Barn sizing for workshop and placement #23  
Camper doesn't quite fit in the 10 x10 door, but that's the big tractor's house.

Attachments

• 20220423_151050__MD_home_.JPG
    20220423_151050__MD_home_.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 36
   / Pole Barn sizing for workshop and placement #24  
Yes, I would love to have my camper inside. Sitting in the sun does a lot of damage. Maybe I will build a building just for it. Last year I built a new pad for it.View attachment 856051
My campers have never been stored outside. I used to keep them in my great great grandfathers old timber framed barns. They had front and back 14 ft high x 12 ft wide swinging doors that you could pull a loaded hay wagon thru, with a team of horses:
IMG_0286.jpeg

There was a monorail crane up top, with a trolley and big set of forks on it (I saved that). We used to unload a wagon of loose hay with 4-5 scoops, and dump it up in the lofts with a trip rope. I hated it when grandpa got a baler and sent me up in the loft to stack them bales.

The loose hay was a lot more fun for me (I was a little kid then and didn’t have to do too much), and easier on the barns. They might still be standing, were it not for the heavier weight of the bales, that I stacked up there as a teenager. Those old lofts were not designed for that kind of weight with their 4 ft beam spacing. I spaced those old beams at two ft, for the timber framed loft in my new barn.

/ Pole Barn sizing for workshop and placement #25  
As I type, I’m almost thru making a big set of swinging doors to enclose the back side of my new barn’s back porch. They were going to be too heavy for me to lift alone, so I’m doing it “one board at a time”:

IMG_4069.jpeg

That new bay is going to be for my field car (Dodge Durango).