Possible danger of tractor side exhaust

/ Possible danger of tractor side exhaust #121  
The Californian bush fires are a terrible tragedy, I hope they are brought under control soon, I know how bad the smoke can get, I was a volunteer firefighter for some years when I was younger and we have bush fires at a reasonably regular frequency here on the East coast of Australia. I'll see if I can locate where I can buy the flex conduit. Thanks for the tip.

/ Possible danger of tractor side exhaust #123  
My B26 has the front exhaust but it point to the side rather than to the front. I have never had any problems with smelling exhaust. The force of the exhaust kicks it out to the left side of the tractor, plenty enough so that no fumes come back on the driver. I suppose that if I had a really strong left to right wind blowing, it may bring some of it back but so far I have never experienced that issue.
If your exhaust is pointed forward, perhaps a muffler shop could modify your exhaust pipe and point it to the side like mine. Then it should not be a problem

/ Possible danger of tractor side exhaust #125  
My B26 has the front exhaust but it point to the side rather than to the front. I have never had any problems with smelling exhaust. The force of the exhaust kicks it out to the left side of the tractor, plenty enough so that no fumes come back on the driver. I suppose that if I had a really strong left to right wind blowing, it may bring some of it back but so far I have never experienced that issue.
If your exhaust is pointed forward, perhaps a muffler shop could modify your exhaust pipe and point it to the side like mine. Then it should not be a problem
'
Thanks for the info Gary, the L4600 has the exhaust outlet basically pointing at about 45 degrees forward of the front axle which means at best the exhaust gases hit the front of the tyre and when driving forwards the oncoming air pushes the exhaust back so that it hits the inside of the front left wheel. I see in a photo in the downloadable brochure for the B26 that the exhaust points down and forward into the space between the FEL and the front wheel, maybe that is why you aren't inhaling the exhaust gases, see the attached photo from the brochure Kubota B26 Exhaust location_20181116.JPG

See photo of the exhaust on my L4600, L4600_Exhaust.JPG I guess also that the L4600 would produce about twice the amount of exhaust gases as the B26 which also may contribute to why you haven't smelt any fumes; there is also the possibility that you are inhaling some diesel exhaust fumes but don't notice it as it just seems normal.

Anyway thanks for your input, when I fit the flexible stainless steel exhaust pipe I'll let you all know how it went, I'm not sure how high I'll have to go to get the fumes over my head, but I'm really looking forward to not having that tight feeling in my lungs after a days work on the L4600.

Last edited: