Possibly Going From Green to Orange

/ Possibly Going From Green to Orange #31  
I've got bought a new bx24 about 16 months old that has a slow hydraulic leak from somewhere in the transmission area. About 60 hrs on it. Dealer can't fix and factory hasn't read my service surveys to follow up. I had it in shop three times slowed leak but not stopped it.

I've talked to factory rep about before the last visit to repair shop, but its still leaking.

The machine is a good worker though. Its pretty sad that I must put a drip pan under it. I've quickly lost sense of pride regarding machine. I maintain it properly but realize I'm been stuck by Spaudling Equip. out of Clover, VA and the factory rep.

Don't expect just going orange will significantly improve your life. You could be trading one set of problems for another.

/ Possibly Going From Green to Orange #32  
Dealer can't fix and factory hasn't read my service surveys to follow up.

Kubota does not follow up on those survays directly, They forward them onto the dealers to take care of. There is some accountability, but the dealer can easily lie and said they took care of you even if they did not. Its not rocket science to reseal those seams. I'd take it to a different shop.

/ Possibly Going From Green to Orange #33  
Again, it looks like the dealer makes as much difference as the color of paint. I've run Kubota CUTs for some 20+ years and have always had good luck with them. Which is nice, because dealers in my area suck and keep disappearing too. Wonder why that is?

Moved up to a Kubota UT and was pretty pleased with it. But, when it came time to get a cab tractor, I went green. Not a knock against Kubota... more a statement of available dealerships. Although I have to say the green cab is nicer than the orange one in roughly the same hp range. But that is personal opinion and ymmv.

It is great that we have so many choices of quality equipment. Orange, green, blue, red, white, and all the other colors out there... nice tractors! Wouldn't mind a new Jaguar mower with twin Mercedes diesels in it. :D

/ Possibly Going From Green to Orange #34  
That's right, A current JD owner, that honestly, is not overly impressed with Deere's quality.

I had some issuse w/ my 2305 with under 200 hours. Random items would break under normal use, loader work, mowing etc. The steel used on this machine is cheap, made in China, and some of the items were replaced w/ "remanufactured parts" which are suppose to be better. Now, hydro fluid is leaking from the main transmission (very slow leak), and it really bothers me, especially when my dealer tells me that I may have worked the machine too hard. The machine is nice, however, I am just real concerned about it becoming a money pit over the next few years because some of the cheap parts used on this machine.

I know that Kubota is the pioneer in producing the Best compact tractors and all of their parts are made in Japan, which is fine with me, since the Japanese do such an awesome job with product development. I am thinking of getting a 2350 w/ loader and mower. I checked one out the other day, the design and and function of these machines is incredible. And everyone I spoke to that own one have said nothing but great things.

I hope I do not offend any JD owners if they are reading this, I am just not having good luck w/ my Deere.

Sad thing here too I had Schweissguth Brothers ( Mike is a Friend ) NDA me a couple OEM Deere belts for a drive and deck for one of my customers and they were both made in CHINA. I couldn't believe it! I won't talk about price other than I wish I could enjoy the margins they see with that cheap labor over there imported into the profit Deere realizes with their old American Branded Loyality consumers over here. I'm sorry but this will be the last OEM Deere consumables I will spend American dollars on that I can't find an after-market replacement manufactured by Americans in America. ( by an American on-shore Corporation ) Goodyear is one of the last rubber manufactures trying their best to stay on shore but do have overseas operations. Now is the time for we Americans to take our country back from Multi-National Corporations who have nothing but greed in mind for their CEOs, CFOs, COOs, at the expense of the average hard working American citizen.
Back to the subject... Yellow packaged Deere branded products = China and the good old Green packaged products are still made in America. Simple plan, refuse the yellow as the parts guy flips them across the counter at you , they are pricing them at the same profit margins as the Green and claiming they need this cheap labor to keep their American workers in a job. Ole B.S. God thank you for letting me bleed "Orange" at least we won that War with the help of the greatest generation that ever walked your green earth. God Bless America, John Deere Green and Kubota Orange.

/ Possibly Going From Green to Orange #35  
The only thing I don't like about the 2350 is the neck snapping when you let off the reverse .

I have 3 BX Kubotas and haven't ran into this problem.[/QUOTE]

My BX24 will do that now and agian from reverse. I think most of it is the return rate, it is much stronger when coming from reverse to neutral versus forward to neutral (I know there is no neutral, a neutral peddle.). Also, I noticed that I jump off of reverse quickly, whereas from forward I tend to let the peddle come up slowly.

/ Possibly Going From Green to Orange #36  
Kubota does not follow up on those survays directly, They forward them onto the dealers to take care of. There is some accountability, but the dealer can easily lie and said they took care of you even if they did not. Its not rocket science to reseal those seams. I'd take it to a different shop.

The leak is so far buried in the maze of nuts, bolts, plates etcc.that they don't want to or will not spend the labor to fix. They figure I will just disapear. I think they are probably correct. I'd like to get it fixed. I'm just gettin to old to beg/plead my case to another dealer.

The brakes were burn't up/damaged. After first taking delivery and using
it on my sloped lot at lake it ran away with me fortunately a small sapling stop me before hitting the water. I realized then the brakes were shot. Don't know how they got damaged but they didn't work the first time I used them. It took major wrenching just to fix/replace brakes. Significant cosmetic damage was inflicted by dealer and leak was introduced.

Since then the shop manager supposedly try to fix leak with consel of factory rep. I still have the leak. Its a slow leak. Just annoying. The dealer not capable or interested in fixing leak.