POST DRIVER

/ POST DRIVER
MJB,
Thank you for the site. I have just ordered the Pwr. beyond unit from the dealer, with the intention of plumbing it myself. To further complicate things, I also ordered the Worksaver HPD16 post driver. In about 4 days I will have my hands full, trying to figure out the instructions for all this.
Seriously though, I appreciate all the insight, I've learned something from every post on this issue - I'm sure I will be asking questions in a few days or so.

hess

/ POST DRIVER #12  
Hess,
Where did you get your postdriver from and what was the price if you don't mind me asking.

18-35034-TRACTO~1.GIF

/ POST DRIVER
cowboydoc,
Try www.kencove.com, located in W. PA. They list the driver at $2131 but are/were running a special at 15% off, costing me $1811.35. But, I am also picking the implement up at the wholesaler myself, saving some shipping costs.

/ POST DRIVER #14  
Thanks Hess. I've got an older one that I picked up at a farm sale and it does the job but it's real touchy and I"m the only one I trust to run it. I use one so much that I wouldn't mind spending the money to get one that was a little safer.

18-35034-TRACTO~1.GIF

/ POST DRIVER
MJB,
I plumbed the power beyond unit, assembled the post driver, and tested the hydraulics for leaks. Everything was dry. However, when the U-shaped hose that you spoke about was disconnected, so that the post driver could be hooked up, I lost hydraulic control of my 3 pt hitch (i.e. - I could not raise it). Therefore, I must disconnect the U-shaped hose to run the driver, and reconnect the U-shaped hose to lift the driver off the ground and move on to the next spot. Does this sound correct, or am I missing something. I understand that you may not have gotten your tractor yet, but I was hoping someone might know.
Thanks, hess.

/ POST DRIVER #16  
Hess,
Mine is the 4600 and I don't have that problem with mine. I can run the loader and use all the controls on the pounder and 3 point without any problems at all. I would say that something isn't right.

18-35034-TRACTO~1.GIF

/ POST DRIVER #17  
I haven't got mine yet./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif It is supposed to be delivered at the end of next week./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif I will have to defer to others until that time. I suspect that there may be a safety switch which disables the 3ph when the power beyond port is used. This would be an important safety feature for use with a backhoe. If this is the case it may be possible to bypass the safety for your application. I hope someone else has some more info on the power beyond port (John Miller III perhaps?) Good Luck

18-29930-MJBTractor.gif

/ POST DRIVER #18  
Hess,

In my Deere manual in the section on Troubleshooting Hydraulics under the heading "Does Not Operate", the first check is the oil level. After adding that extra circuit maybe there is not enough fluid capacity to run the rockshaft lift cylinder too.

DFB

18-30366-dfbsig.gif

/ POST DRIVER #19  
After looking at the picture of the power beyond kit on the Deere web site again (see attached) I think I know what is going on. There appears to be three hydraulic lines that make up the kit: Oil supply (in the center with the female connector), Return to 3ph (on bottom with U-shaped hose and male connector attached), and return to sump (on top with male connector). If this is true then you must be connecting your post driver between the supply line and return to sump ports. This would be the correct connection for a backhoe or other implement in which you would want to disable the 3ph for safety reasons. I believe you should be able to connect your post driver between the supply and the return to 3ph connections. This should allow both the driver and the 3ph to work. The Deere site also has a picture of the ports on the back of a tractor which has a 4th and 5th SCV attached and it appears that they are connected between the supply and return to 3ph ports as I described above. I may be way off base here but I think that will solve your problem. Good luck.

18-29930-MJBTractor.gif

Attachments

• 5-41507-Powerbeyond.gif
    5-41507-Powerbeyond.gif
    13.1 KB · Views: 95
   / POST DRIVER #20  
Here is the picture of the connections for the 4th and 5th SCV ports. Note that the SCVs are connected between the supply port and the return to 3ph port.

18-29930-MJBTractor.gif

Attachments

• 5-41508-SCVports.gif
    5-41508-SCVports.gif
    48.4 KB · Views: 110