POST DRIVER

/ POST DRIVER
MJB,
I agree. After looking at the pwr beyond unit for awhile, I thought that I might be able to connect a "Y" connector at the supply port, and therefore allow fluid to travel to both the driver and 3 pth. If I had a 2nd, or 3rd SCV, which I don't, I could have used these ports as well.
Thanks for the pictures and advice - they have solidified some of the thoughts I've been having.
hess

/ POST DRIVER
MJB,
I don't think that I can use the normal return for my driver however. Based on the amount of flow required, I've been told to return the fluid directly to sump, rather than through the other return ports.
hess

/ POST DRIVER #23  
Hess,
I don't think a Y in the supply line would work. You would essentially be placing the post driver hydraulics in parallel with the 3ph hydraulics. The oil would always take the path of least resistance, which would be whichever path you are not currently using. For example if there was a Y in the line and you tried to raise the 3ph there would be a much lower path of resistance for the oil to go through the post driver valve and back to the sump instead of going through the 3ph hydraulic circuit. As far as the flow capabilities of the 3ph return line, this port has to be able to handle the total flow available from the supply line since that is the normal path for oil flow regardless of which SCVs are in use. Hope this helps.

18-29930-MJBTractor.gif

/ POST DRIVER #24  
After all the effort, was it worth it? How well does the driver do the job? I'm thinking of getting one to drive some posts for a walkway across a bog. It seems intuitive that the post would be anchored better when driven, rather than using an auger and trying to backfill the hole.