3-Point Hitch Post Hole Digger for Boomer 1030 Help

/ Post Hole Digger for Boomer 1030 Help #1  

Scaper

Silver Member
I live in the state of Delaware in New Castle Coun
Tractor
New Holland 1030
If anyone has a 1030 1110 tractor and you use a post hole digger on the 3 pt. please respond and let me know what you are using. I'm having a heck of a time finding one to work with my tractor. I was going to buy a Danuser G 20/40 but it will not hook up properly. I'm in need of your help. Scaper

/ Post Hole Digger for Boomer 1030 Help #2  
If anyone has a 1030 1110 tractor and you use a post hole digger on the 3 pt. please respond and let me know what you are using. I'm having a heck of a time finding one to work with my tractor. I was going to buy a Danuser G 20/40 but it will not hook up properly. I'm in need of your help. Scaper

why wont it hook up. Nearly all 3 point hitches are pretty much interchangeable. Is it only that the pto shaft appears to be too short??

/ Post Hole Digger for Boomer 1030 Help
When I hooked the top link end of the boom in place the lower attachment arms would not reach the yoke pins. So I took it apart and put the lower arms in place then the top link wouldn't pin in place. The yoke was leaning all the way back towards the power head and was flat against the boom. The yoke was in a negative position to the rear. I was told this tractor would accept any cat 1 three point attachment and that just isn't true. Mark

/ Post Hole Digger for Boomer 1030 Help #4  
When I hooked the top link end of the boom in place the lower attachment arms would not reach the yoke pins. So I took it apart and put the lower arms in place then the top link wouldn't pin in place. The yoke was leaning all the way back towards the power head and was flat against the boom. The yoke was in a negative position to the rear. I was told this tractor would accept any cat 1 three point attachment and that just isn't true. Mark

hmmmm. weird. i have only seen times where a pto shaft wouldnt reach, and extension solved that. That tractor is listed as having a catI 3 point hitch.

/ Post Hole Digger for Boomer 1030 Help #5  
Do your other 3ph attachments line up correctly? Sounds like an over-long top link, possibly from another machine? Is the phd for a cat-2 machine? Something's not right.
Jim

/ Post Hole Digger for Boomer 1030 Help
This tractor only has one hole for the top link can't be adjusted. Top link is removed with phd on. I think the area between where the yoke attaches to the boom and where the ball end is seems to be a long distance. The boom has only one attachment point for the yoke. Mark

Last edited:
   / Post Hole Digger for Boomer 1030 Help #7  
On my tractors, when using a post hole digger, you don't use the top link. The post hole digger has a hole in top where it is pinned directly to the tractor where the top link usually resides. Take the top link off and see if it will hook up. It should.

/ Post Hole Digger for Boomer 1030 Help #8  
Check it out !"Play safe" . ;)

How To Video Demos - Implements & Attachments

Scroll down to how to assemble pto phd .

Boone

/ Post Hole Digger for Boomer 1030 Help #10  

Can you be more specific when you say it does not hook up properly. Does your tractor have a Cat I hitch? That model is made for a Cat I hitch for 20-40 HP tractors and should install by removing the top link and placing the boom end in the pin fitting at the back of the tractor. The u-shapped boom support has the fittings that go into the lift arms and the drive shaft attaches to the pto shaft on the tractor. What part are you having difficulty fitting up?