3-Point Hitch Post Hole Digger for Boomer 1030 Help

/ Post Hole Digger for Boomer 1030 Help #11  
need some pictures

/ Post Hole Digger for Boomer 1030 Help #12  
This tractor only has one hole for the top link can't be adjusted. Top link is removed with phd on. I think the area between where the yoke attaches to the boom and where the ball end is seems to be a long distance. The boom has only one attachment point for the yoke. Mark

There is your problem, the boom on your PHD has only one hole. Most PHDs that I've seen have several holes to mount the yoke (or at least two). The illustration below shows your problem. By the time your yoke is attached to the lower arms, it is so angled up that it is jamming into the boom. If you dig with it and the boom comes down, the angle would get slightly less, but if you can't raise the PHD out of the ground, it is useless. You need a PHD with several yoke mounting points like the illustration shows.

EDIT: I didn't draw the PTO shaft because that would just confuse the simple illustration.

Attachments

• PHD.jpg
    PHD.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 248
   / Post Hole Digger for Boomer 1030 Help #13  
mine looks like this.. Its hard to see cause i have added a hydraulic assist unit, but i had 3 mounting holes on the top rail to set the proper pitch. Mine is set to the front most hole, the piece of ground rod holding up the rig is in the furthest back hole.

Attachments

• 0601111506.jpg
    0601111506.jpg
    694.1 KB · Views: 333
   / Post Hole Digger for Boomer 1030 Help #14  
There is your problem, the boom on your PHD has only one hole. Most PHDs that I've seen have several holes to mount the yoke (or at least two). The illustration below shows your problem. By the time your yoke is attached to the lower arms, it is so angled up that it is jamming into the boom. If you dig with it and the boom comes down, the angle would get slightly less, but if you can't raise the PHD out of the ground, it is useless. You need a PHD with several yoke mounting points like the illustration shows.

EDIT: I didn't draw the PTO shaft because that would just confuse the simple illustration.

That auger is designed for a Cat I 3 pt hitch and in the maufacturers website, it's attached to a CUT tractor with NH blue paint.

Are you sure that if you lift the gear box end of boom upward (pivoting it about the top link pin on the tractor), the boom support doesn't move to a point where the lift arm holes can capture the lift arm pins on the yoke? You should be able to rase the lift arms to apoint where you can attach the yoke.

/ Post Hole Digger for Boomer 1030 Help
I agree with the picture given, the boom needs more the one position hole. Glen Danuser has told me that he wiil send another mounting plate that I can have welded on if that will help. I'm concerned that if I mount a new attachment point that it may raise the boom too high for my lift space. I attempted to move the power head and boom upward to no avail. The NH in the Danuser picture is a larger CUT then the 1030. I'm going to pick up a set of Pat's Easy Change ends this Saturday from a member here on the board. I hope this moves the unit far enough back to accept the Danuser G20/40. I do appreciate all the responses from the board members and I will update as soon as I can. Thanks guys, Mark

/ Post Hole Digger for Boomer 1030 Help #16  
I agree with the picture given, the boom needs more the one position hole. Glen Danuser has told me that he wiil send another mounting plate that I can have welded on if that will help. I'm concerned that if I mount a new attachment point that it may raise the boom too high for my lift space. I attempted to move the power head and boom upward to no avail. The NH in the Danuser picture is a larger CUT then the 1030. I'm going to pick up a set of Pat's Easy Change ends this Saturday from a member here on the board. I hope this moves the unit far enough back to accept the Danuser G20/40. I do appreciate all the responses from the board members and I will update as soon as I can. Thanks guys, Mark

I get the feeling that your boom attach point was probably mis-assembled when it was built! Does your dealer have another 20/40 unit avaiable? you might measure the location of the attach point on it and compare that to the measurement on your unit. These things are seigned for a standard 3 pt hitch and they should fit if they are built to the correct design.

Last edited:
   / Post Hole Digger for Boomer 1030 Help #17  
I get the feeling that your boom attach point was probably mis-assembled when it was built! Does your dealer have another 20/40 unit avaiable? you might measure the location of the attach point on it and compare that to the measurement on your unit. These things are seigned for a standard 3 pt hitch and they should fit if they are built to the correct design.

Jerry ,I believe OP bought 20/40 Danuser used w/2 augers for $250.
Which is a great deal IMHO.

Boone

/ Post Hole Digger for Boomer 1030 Help #19  
he got it so low, cause the original owner wasnt able to get it to work :laughing:. now it just needs some welding adjustment work and youll be good to go