Pour dk40

/ Pour dk40 #31  
RED text:GMtb42

Blue text: Facts only~ me, CM

My reply:
Didn't have to rotate stock, Interstate does it for their dealers based on code stamped into battery case. Therefore only fresh batteries are sold by their dealers. SO you would just open up one day and the stock would be changed without your noticing the period of time passing. You are so funny. ;-)

Actually, NO. It's way more scientific than that. Based on what I had in stock, what I'd sold from stock and what I called for if I didn't have a particular battery in stock, they would deliver as part of their business contract with me, and thousands of other dealers all across America. Its not some random senseless method, its actually an efficient business model.

Air-conditioning is a HUGE factor for CARS; not so much for tractors, unless cabbed with AC. Hmm HEAT, wow.
My reply: No, not heat as much as a heavy load, (draw) on the battery, as a result of running the AC. So a extra LOAD does not generate more heat, God you are so hilarious. ROFL

Again, NO. The extra load of running AC draws additional amps from the battery, and if the battery is at a state of discharge where it cannot put out enough amps for the load's demand the battery fails.

Really so how do you add water to a sealed Maintenance free battery without destroying it? Or voiding warranty?
Drill holes in it?

My reply:
You could drill holes in it if you are intent on destroying the battery; or you could just pop the caps which are under the label and fill it to the split rings, like on any other wet cell battery. Your choice. Not all sealed batteries are the same, you must have a myopic view of batteries.

I suppose you're alluding to AGM type batteries which is a whole different discussion. AGM batteries are NOT wet cell batteries, and cannot be refilled with water- especially since they contain none by design.

As others have stated, factors like high load, condition of the battery due to lack of prior maintenance, and possible defective cell(s), etc. can and do contribute to premature failure of batteries all year long, aside from heat and cold extremes. Yeah I agree, but heat can facilitate several of your projected problems.

Only in conjunction with other factors, as mentioned above. Batteries don't die exclusively from heat as the sole factor, or no battery would survive the Sahara, etc.

My point is to inform folks here about what can be done to PROLONG battery life so the battery doesn't die an un-necessary early death when stressed by factors of cold and heat in ADDITION to the other factors which lead to an early demise. Properly maintained batteries can last for many many years without replacement, as many here can and do attest to. I agree proper maintenance is a factor, however sealed batteries are done so for a reason.

Yeah, to keep you from meddling with them.

And to make fun of a person with a impediment. I didn't make fun of anyone. I stated I have had difficulty understanding the OP's posts. His having been in an accident and having nearly lost his ability to speak, is different from one's ability to write clearly. I understand that he stated he lost some of his prior learning, which likely affects his writing. This would be an impairment, not an impediment, like loss of speech, or a congenital defect like a stutter.And I agree he owes us no explanation of or for his situation/condition.

I use Optima batteries myself, Red and Yellow tops. AGM batteries serve a purpose for some applications, though they are generally overpriced and serve a limited market overall.
But hey, you know more than I, I agree seeing you sold batteries and all I have ever done is use them. Seems accurate to me.

I hope you realize this is friendly banter and not a assault. If you say so. However, I reserve the right to deal with facts rather than fiction.

/ Pour dk40 #32  
Back to thread topic. Landedakioti, my DK45 has two occasional starting nuiances.
1 Starter solenoid will click but engine will not spin. That is dirty electrical conections, either battery, neg ground on engine block, or starter switch wire plug. One thing I have learned is that Kioti electrical connections almost need to be polished and coated with dielectric compound.
2 Starter engages, spins engine but won't start. Fuel shut off solenoid not opening. When you turn key to activate glow plugs you should hear a click. That is the fuel shut off solenoid. I just keep trying till I hear the click and hope this is not the time I have to replace the IP.

Cold weather does not seem to effect my tractor starting. May run rough for a few seconds after starting. My tractor may sit outside for several weeks without being run. It hasn't been cold enough in our neck of the woods to worry about fuel waxing.

/ Pour dk40
seacap04 said:
Back to thread topic. Landedakioti, my DK45 has two occasional starting nuiances.
1 Starter solenoid will click but engine will not spin. That is dirty electrical conections, either battery, neg ground on engine block, or starter switch wire plug. One thing I have learned is that Kioti electrical connections almost need to be polished and coated with dielectric compound.
2 Starter engages, spins engine but won't start. Fuel shut off solenoid not opening. When you turn key to activate glow plugs you should hear a click. That is the fuel shut off solenoid. I just keep trying till I hear the click and hope this is not the time I have to replace the IP.

Cold weather does not seem to effect my tractor starting. May run rough for a few seconds after starting. My tractor may sit outside for several weeks without being run. It hasn't been cold enough in our neck of the woods to worry about fuel waxing.

It now starts and stalls so it is going tuesday to a dealer in maine to have them look at it and fix it.

/ Pour dk40 #34  
Yep, fuel shut off solenoid. Starts runs for a second or two and stalls. Really clean electrical connections and coat with dielectric compound. Fuel shut off relay is on firewall behind engine. Can't remember which one, but would hurt to clean both. Or since you are taking her to dealer anyway and under warranty, let them deal with it.

/ Pour dk40 #35  
Coyote machine said:
RED text:GMtb42

Blue text: Facts only~ me, CM

My reply:
Didn't have to rotate stock, Interstate does it for their dealers based on code stamped into battery case. Therefore only fresh batteries are sold by their dealers. SO you would just open up one day and the stock would be changed without your noticing the period of time passing. You are so funny. ;-)

Actually, NO. It's way more scientific than that. Based on what I had in stock, what I'd sold from stock and what I called for if I didn't have a particular battery in stock, they would deliver as part of their business contract with me, and thousands of other dealers all across America. Its not some random senseless method, its actually an efficient business model.

Air-conditioning is a HUGE factor for CARS; not so much for tractors, unless cabbed with AC. Hmm HEAT, wow.
My reply: No, not heat as much as a heavy load, (draw) on the battery, as a result of running the AC. So a extra LOAD does not generate more heat, God you are so hilarious. ROFL

Again, NO. The extra load of running AC draws additional amps from the battery, and if the battery is at a state of discharge where it cannot put out enough amps for the load's demand the battery fails.

Really so how do you add water to a sealed Maintenance free battery without destroying it? Or voiding warranty?
Drill holes in it?

My reply:
You could drill holes in it if you are intent on destroying the battery; or you could just pop the caps which are under the label and fill it to the split rings, like on any other wet cell battery. Your choice. Not all sealed batteries are the same, you must have a myopic view of batteries.

I suppose you're alluding to AGM type batteries which is a whole different discussion. AGM batteries are NOT wet cell batteries, and cannot be refilled with water- especially since they contain none by design.

As others have stated, factors like high load, condition of the battery due to lack of prior maintenance, and possible defective cell(s), etc. can and do contribute to premature failure of batteries all year long, aside from heat and cold extremes. Yeah I agree, but heat can facilitate several of your projected problems.

Only in conjunction with other factors, as mentioned above. Batteries don't die exclusively from heat as the sole factor, or no battery would survive the Sahara, etc.

My point is to inform folks here about what can be done to PROLONG battery life so the battery doesn't die an un-necessary early death when stressed by factors of cold and heat in ADDITION to the other factors which lead to an early demise. Properly maintained batteries can last for many many years without replacement, as many here can and do attest to. I agree proper maintenance is a factor, however sealed batteries are done so for a reason.

Yeah, to keep you from meddling with them.

And to make fun of a person with a impediment. I didn't make fun of anyone. I stated I have had difficulty understanding the OP's posts. His having been in an accident and having nearly lost his ability to speak, is different from one's ability to write clearly. I understand that he stated he lost some of his prior learning, which likely affects his writing. This would be an impairment, not an impediment, like loss of speech, or a congenital defect like a stutter.And I agree he owes us no explanation of or for his situation/condition.

I use Optima batteries myself, Red and Yellow tops. AGM batteries serve a purpose for some applications, though they are generally overpriced and serve a limited market overall.
But hey, you know more than I, I agree seeing you sold batteries and all I have ever done is use them. Seems accurate to me.

I hope you realize this is friendly banter and not a assault. If you say so. However, I reserve the right to deal with facts rather than fiction.

Good grief... Seems some TBN'rs suffer from a need to "be right" rather than "do right"
CM, lighten up. No one thinks you're a genius or expert based on your sarcasm.

/ Pour dk40 #36  
Good grief... Seems some TBN'rs suffer from a need to "be right" rather than "do right"
CM, lighten up. No one thinks you're a genius or expert based on your sarcasm.

My thoughts too.

/ Pour dk40 #37  
Was told and have read this as well, heat kills the battery not the cold so much, the cold just makes it more apparent.
I agree with this post from a couple pages back.

/ Pour dk40
Profilemike said:
Did you call the guys over in Conway, nh at Profile Powersports?

No i didn't there to far away, do you know if they have a mobile unit.