Pouring hydr oil from a 5-gal pail

/ Pouring hydr oil from a 5-gal pail #21  
I used to lift one 5 gal bucket under each arm but then I bought this:

View attachment 772090
yes to this, works perfectly for me. why lift, pour, & spill when you can do this?
@15 gal hyd change, only way to go. in addition just purchased a 12v transfer fuel pump that i may consider next change as well

/ Pouring hydr oil from a 5-gal pail #22  
View attachment 771920

Drill a 1/2" hole and snap this vent in first thing, before you pour the first gallon.
These yellow vents are all over the internet, search "fuel can vent".
I got 10 for $9.

If you're gonna pour all 5 gallons out, then maybe you just drill or punch a hole & don't have to bother with the snap-in vent.
never thought of those. think i will order some. just ordered some of the screw in ones for gas cans, the kind you pull through with a wire and have a screw on cap.
at being a really old age it seems like anything you do now when poring is a chore.

/ Pouring hydr oil from a 5-gal pail #23  
Mystic oil was offering these 6gal containers for hydro trans oil, when they went on discontinued clearance at Blain's I bought them out. Ive been using mystic hydro and engine oil for over 5 yrs and in my experience with it both my Kubotas seem to like it. The "go box's" are so nice and my boxes or spouts have not leaked,I have no idea why they discontinued them?? Back to pail pump when I run out.

Attachments

• KIMG1393.JPG
    KIMG1393.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 92
   / Pouring hydr oil from a 5-gal pail #24  
As previously mention just roll the bucket around so the pour spout is at the top of the cover and pour,
no gurgling or slugging just a good steady pour.
Seems we've had a few discussions on this here on TBN over the years.

This seems to be the best way we've found so far. Works with any liquid in a 5 gallon bucket. This example is just tastier! :p

/ Pouring hydr oil from a 5-gal pail #25  
I just use a clear plastic tube to
siphon it in. When done with the
plastic tube put in plastic bag.
If I can find a big enough container
that has the measurements listed on
the sides will use one of them so I get
the correct amount.

willy

/ Pouring hydr oil from a 5-gal pail #27  
I position the bucket as in the youtube video, but many people don't have a pour container like the one used there.
I use a one gallon measuring container from Rural King sold in the chemical aisle to measure herbicides.
You have very accurate measuring, good handles, and a good pour spout.

/ Pouring hydr oil from a 5-gal pail #28  
   / Pouring hydr oil from a 5-gal pail #29  
When I drained my Kioti CK30 I was able to buy the fluid in 1 gallon jugs from a local supply house. I can barely lift 5 gal.

/ Pouring hydr oil from a 5-gal pail #30  
I can hold the bucket no problem, until the wife leaves then out comes the funnel and chair.