Pouring steps down to the creek/swimming hole...nope, never done it before!

/ Pouring steps down to the creek/swimming hole...nope, never done it before!
Looks like Band of Brothers!

Postcard perfect picture…

Some day hope to explore visiting friends that have relocated to TN… they all love it!

True......we have a close group here, they are all stand up guys, known some for over 40+ years. There is a serious value in true friends.....

/ Pouring steps down to the creek/swimming hole...nope, never done it before! #123  
True......we have a close group here, they are all stand up guys, known some for over 40+ years. There is a serious value in true friends.....
Sad but my true friends have all departed… then they were always older to much older and took me under their wing as mentors and friends…

Lucky to have the 5 for the decades I did…

Last edited:
   / Pouring steps down to the creek/swimming hole...nope, never done it before! #124  
Pretty good friends to show up in the late summer heat to pour a lot of concrete.

/ Pouring steps down to the creek/swimming hole...nope, never done it before! #125  
Lots of hydrostatic pressure at seven feet of height. Make sure steps are well braced and anchored
Especially the face. I've seen 1X8 lumber bow out from the pressure, and if the concrete was too wet, it can flow out into the step below.

/ Pouring steps down to the creek/swimming hole...nope, never done it before! #126  
I just found this thread and enjoyed reading it this morning. I had a lot of ideas of what should be done, but none of them where as good as what you actually did.

The only thing I would suggest is getting a concrete blade for a 4 1/2 inch grinder and rounding off all the edges on your steps if you wanted a smoother finish.

For a railing, I've seen metal pipe with a T at the end used in hostile environments that seem to have been there for decades. You run a line through the T at the top of the pipe to hold on to, and if the line breaks, you can easily replace it.