Power track PT400

/ Power track PT400 #11  
Does anyone have a manual for or know how to fix my issue on a PT400 , I'm new here just trying to get the left brake shaft arm that the spring clips on to to move correctly, the arm will move, but I have no left brake, I pulled the plate cover and you can see brake assembly moving , thanks in advance
The PT400 was made by Guilin, which was bought by Yuchai.
It is basically the same as a Yuchai YCT306. There is no service manual for either machine, but the owner's and parts manuals are very helpful. Parts are available at Circle-G Tractor and a few others. If you will PM me your email address I'll send you the manuals. Steering clutch adjustments are included. Here's another thread you may like (don't be shy about searching the forums).

/ Power track PT400 #13  
PM me your email addy and I'll shoot you the manuals.
Hey I have a PT400 also and I was working it moving gravel and all of a sudden it wouldn’t go into drive or reverse and I know a bit about cars and gas engines but not to familiar with tractors but I need to check the trans fluid but I don’t know where it is do you still have the manuals by chance?

/ Power track PT400 #14  
PM me your email addy and I'll shoot you the manuals.
Well just found out my shifting lever that shifts the transmission snapped off😔 does anyone know how to take it out and find a replacement?? Any help is much appreciated

/ Power track PT400 #15  
Well just found out my shifting lever that shifts the transmission snapped off😔 does anyone know how to take it out and find a replacement?? Any help is much appreciated
They come out through the bottom of the cover. There are two levers. You didn't state which one it was, or where it was broken. Both levers are available at Circle-G, but there could be an easy fix if you provided more detail.
Should be noted that there isn't a shop/repair manual for these machines. They expect you to already possess the knowledge to work on them. However, The owner's and parts manuals are very helpful. If you will PM (so the world doesn't know it) me your email address I'll send them to you.

Screenshot 2023-09-22 at 21-59-37 IMG_20230922_0001.pdf.png

Last edited:
   / Power track PT400 #16  
I need to check the trans fluid but I don’t know where it is?
Forgot to mention that item #7 is the dipstick, and that the transmission and bevel gear case share a common sump. If I remember correctly it takes around five gallons of 85W-90 GEAR OIL, not tractor fluid or hydraulic oil.

/ Power track PT400 #17  
I recently purchased a power track pt 400. TY 296 engine. Would appreciate some manuals

/ Power track PT400 #18  
I recently purchased a power track pt 400. TY 296 engine. Would appreciate some manuals
Built by Guilin in the '70's, later acquired by Yuchai. Does your machine have a shuttle clutch? I have some manuals for the Yuchai machine with the TY395E engine. Machines are very similar, if not identical. You might already be aware that there are no service or shop manuals for these machines, only owner's and parts manuals, but they are a big help.

/ Power track PT400 #19  
New to the forum. Just picked up this unit. Shuttle shift left side. Has backhoe attachment. Both left and right brakes hold. Left track will spin machine when pulling right lever. Pull left lever machine stops. Right sprocket appears to have no drive. Could it be in the linkage? Sat a couple years then previous owner got it said no power to right track since he started to use it. All other hydraulic functions sppear strong. Also has 2cyl engine. No tag I can locate. Is it a ty290? See attachment for serial number on machine. #90039. Any information, manuals, parts sourceswould be greatly appreciated. Also water pump is leaking so need one of those.
Hello - did you ever find a water pump? I also have purchased this dozer and need a water pump.

/ Power track PT400 #20