Power track PT400

/ Power track PT400 #21  
   / Power track PT400 #22  
Looks like this. Can it be rebuilt? My husband said bearings needed replaced.

Attachments

• IMG_0819.jpeg
    IMG_0819.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0817.jpeg
    IMG_0817.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 40
   / Power track PT400 #23  
Yes it could be rebuilt, depending on the condition of the shaft and impeller. If it has a carbon-ceramic (mechanical) seal, that may still be in good enough condition to not warrant replacement. Bearings are readily available through any good bearing supplier. Bearings are just bearings, tractor companies don't make bearings.

/ Power track PT400 #24  
Already located bearings and shaft is good. Only need rubber seal

/ Power track PT400 #27  
PM me your email addy and I'll shoot you the manuals.
Hello Bob, I have read alot of your messages and wanted to reach out for help as I felt you are so knowledgeable about these tractors. I have a PT400 and the left brack doesn't work I removed the plate to inspect but it seems to be operational but perhaps the brakes lining is worn and needs replaced, I continued to remove more items including the pump under the seat as the gasket had been leaking and water go into the fluid, I'm removing the fluid today and wanted to pull the brake lining circle bands off to inspect, I have a good auto mechanical knowledge but not on this, I have an old 1700 mustang skid steer also that I had learned about had on, do you have any advise or the manual for removal of the brakes, and is the fluid a certain weight of fluid to use thanks in advance for any help.

Attachments

• 20230625_123042.jpg
    20230625_123042.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 17
   / Power track PT400 #28  
Nice picture. Sorry, there are no service manuals available for these machines except for what help is in the owners manual. Have you tried to adjust the brake? The procedure is outlined in the manual. You can't remove and install the bands through the top, you have to remove the final drive to get access. Also, if any oil gets on the friction surfaces of the brake bands they will become useless and need to be replaced. There are drain plugs under the steering compartment, so you might want to check that.