PowrReverser operation.

/ PowrReverser operation.
I've hooked the joy stick as well as the shifter (on my old 790). Good way to fall off the tractor face first (how do ya think I got this pretty?)

So, you're going back to "Manly" tractors with a gear tranny. Boy, if it's got a vertical exhaust, I'll have to start calling you MR.AKfish.

If it wasn't for the ROPS.. I woulda done a face plant! Joystick was under my coat at the pocket as I stood up and turned -- wwhoooppps!

Yep... straight stick and stand-up pipe!

AKfish

/ PowrReverser operation. #22  
This is the first I heard you moved up to the 5075M, if you were really brain washed you would have gone to the 5085M :laughing: It's NOT too Late :laughing:

This is the first I heard you moved up to the 5075M, if you were really brain washed you would have gone to the 5085M :laughing: It's NOT too Late :laughing:

I looked at 'em.... :licking: but I think the wife would have filed for "protective measures"... and I don't think that would have involved a couple of aspirin and a good night's sleep, either... :eek: Maybe, lawyer - directed "medical intervention" which would have made it hard to sit down for a good while!! :shocked:

AKfish

/ PowrReverser operation. #24  
What was the cost to go from 5065M to 5075M? How about to 5085M?
I just like the idea of 4 cyl vs 5 and wet removeable sleeves vs cast in cylinders. 65HP would have been enough for me.

What was the cost to go from 5065M to 5075M? How about to 5085M?
I just like the idea of 4 cyl vs 5 and wet removeable sleeves vs cast in cylinders. 65HP would have been enough for me.

It's not a clear apples vs apples comparison. The 65M is only available with the standard cab - no air seat, smaller fuel tank, no remote EH hitch.

The 75M comes with either cab flavor - standard or deluxe. (Here's where the "brainwashing" comes in..) I moved up to the deluxe cab. The MSRP difference was edging up on $3k. I think the final cost was around $2k.

Stepping up to the 85M was about $3.5k more than the 75M. So, it was gonna be somewhere around $5,000 to switch horses from the 65 to the 85 in the final price.

I looked real hard at the 4cyl and wet cylinders vs the 5cyl and cast cylinders. My considerations were: 1.) Projected uses for a new machine. 2.) Current attachments that are predominately CAT I. 3.) Likely number of hours per year of use and how long I am likely to own the machine. 4.) Trailering capability. 5.) Fuel consumption.

The 65M was marginal at 1.) Round baler. Square bale accumulator and grapple. Equal at 4.)

It was the winner in the other categories versus the 75M or the 85M - IMO.

The 75M was ahead in all categories (except #1 - but with a small round baler - it was really neck and neck) with the 85M.

So, in the final analysis - I went with another 10hp - to better manage with a small round baler and when using an accumulator behind my JD 336 square baler.

AKfish

/ PowrReverser operation. #26  
I see your point. I too would have gone 2K more for the 5075M, but not 5K more to get the 5085M, now that I see the numbers.

After you have had it a while, I like a report on the modulator for the reverser. Must have? Or more of a gimick you never use.

/ PowrReverser operation. #27  
I'm waiting on delivery of a JD 5075M... likely be mid-April. In the mean time, I'm wondering a bit about the change over from working with my eHydro JD 110 to working the PowrReverser on the 75M.

Never worked with a Reverser machine - unless you classify a JD 644 wheel loader as having a "Reverser" transmision. (It has a shifting lever on the steering column with F-R-N).

Nonetheless, the literature on the 75M said something to the effect that "you only need to use the clutch to start the tractor" and operation afterwards could be completed by shifting the column shifter between F-R-N.

To my way of thinking; that would mean in a front loader application - approach the pile, stab the dirt, flip to N before much wheel spin, tilt bucket, flip to R and back up, flip to N as straightening front wheels, flip to F to travel to dump location.

Sound about right...?

Thanks for feedback and clarification.

AKfish

Can't hardly wait!! I'm gonna start liftin' weights with my left arm to get ready...

By George, I think he's got it! :D
You're gonna love the power reverser trans. :thumbsup: Only probelm that you'll have is transitioning from one machine to the other and back again. My 5085M is a power reverser, the TN70A is a mechanical shuttle, and the old 2600 is a standard 4x2 trans. It just takes a few minutes to remember which one I'm on and how to shift it! :confused:

Don't waste a lot of time building up the left arm. The P/R lever is real easy to move. :D

Enjoy your new tractor. (I know you will) ;)

/ PowrReverser operation. #28  
"Don't waste a lot of time building up that left arm,"

Hey were just trying to keep Larry busy and occupied while he waits. lol

/ PowrReverser operation. #29  
Don't waste a lot of time building up the left arm. The P/R lever is real easy to move. :D

I dunno...you should see the muscles on my left forefinger...