Pre-Emissions 100 Hp

/ Pre-Emissions 100 Hp #1  

strum456

Platinum Member
Tractor
Fords
I'm interested in opinions about old tractors with new features.

Priorities: Comfortable cab, parts availability / affordability, prefer partial power shift, fuel efficiency.

Primary Uses: Round bailing (5x5), discbine 10-12', 4 -16 semi- mount plow.

I almost bought a Case IH MX 135. Is there another make / model that I should be considering? I like to repair my own equipment. Aftermarket parts availability would be a huge positive.

/ Pre-Emissions 100 Hp #2  
Case IH 105U makes a nice tractor if you can find a good used one. Check tractorhouse.com.

/ Pre-Emissions 100 Hp #4  
I'm interested in opinions about old tractors with new features.

Priorities: Comfortable cab, parts availability / affordability, prefer partial power shift, fuel efficiency.

Primary Uses: Round bailing (5x5), discbine 10-12', 4 -16 semi- mount plow.

I almost bought a Case IH MX 135. Is there another make / model that I should be considering? I like to repair my own equipment. Aftermarket parts availability would be a huge positive.

Yes, there is. In fact there are user groups and specialty shops devoted to the John Deere 4020. It has everything you are looking for and is considered to be the best ag tractor that JD ever built. 184,000 sold.
The 4440 is also very good.
Both are affordable, 100 hp, powershift, cabs, smooth running - all modern conveniences. And have simple traditional designs & good parts support.

What's not to like?

Check out this current thread:

GOAT (Greatest of All-Time) John Deere Tractor?​

Last edited:
   / Pre-Emissions 100 Hp #5  
How old are you looking for? Early 2000’s, early 90’s, etc. Deere has had power shift for years, not sure when IH, Massey, other major brands had power shift.

/ Pre-Emissions 100 Hp #6  
I have a 2008 McCormick CX105 pre emissions tractor. Haven't had any bad issues with it.
4 cyl Perkins engine
The cab is HUGE !

/ Pre-Emissions 100 Hp #7  
The longer you wait the less there are to buy and the more they cost because they are no longer made.

/ Pre-Emissions 100 Hp #8  
I have a Kubota M-126X that I used for 10+ years of round baling. Its a 12 year old tractor with many newer tractor features. No emissions. You can work on it. And its a good thing you can ;)
I’m in PA if you are interested. Its for sale. 3100 hours.
Parts availability is amazing. Kubota has a big network. Dealers across the state like Sheetz or Wawa convenience stores.

1665317559382.jpeg

/ Pre-Emissions 100 Hp #9  
   / Pre-Emissions 100 Hp #10