Pre-Emissions 100 Hp

/ Pre-Emissions 100 Hp #11  
I have a Kubota M-126X that I used for 10+ years of round baling. Its a 12 year old tractor with many newer tractor features. No emissions. You can work on it. And its a good thing you can ;)
I’m in PA if you are interested. Its for sale. 3100 hours.
Parts availability is amazing. Kubota has a big network. Dealers across the state like Sheetz or Wawa convenience stores.

View attachment 765697
Looks like another one that needs new shoes.

/ Pre-Emissions 100 Hp #12  
Looks like another one that needs new shoes.
Tires are like 75%

Looks like you need new glasses lol 🤣

1665324212590.jpeg

Last edited:
   / Pre-Emissions 100 Hp #13  
The Sheetz brothers re wrote the book for convenience stores.👍
Wish they covered the east coast.

/ Pre-Emissions 100 Hp #14  
When I think of convenience stores and gas stations I think of '*** and Go'... Out west, not here either. Speedway is here.

/ Pre-Emissions 100 Hp #16  
Far as economy of scale Hay Dudette, you may be a large tractor person on here but in the grand scheme of things, you are still small potatoes compared to row crop farmers around here not only in acres but in equipment size and scope.

/ Pre-Emissions 100 Hp #17  
The Sheetz brothers re wrote the book for convenience stores.
What book? It took them 17 years to open three stores. Never heard of them in the South. Down here, quick stores were called Icehouses. They dated from the 20's. You could buy snacks, pop, bread and their specialty--Ice. I remember them selling block ice into the late 60s. Bagged ice showed up, I think, in the mid-60s. It was about that time they started adding gas pumps and nearly every gas station added snacks. "Convenience Stores" were well on their way before Sheetz. Some folks in the South still call them an Icehouse.

/ Pre-Emissions 100 Hp
I found a Ford 8340 SLE within a reasonable distance. Does anyone have experience with the Power star 40 series Fords? I'm mostly reading good things about them. According to Nebraska Test Data, they're quite fuel efficient (about the same as the Cummins in the MX134 I was looking at).

/ Pre-Emissions 100 Hp #19  
I'm interested in opinions about old tractors with new features.

Priorities: Comfortable cab, parts availability / affordability, prefer partial power shift, fuel efficiency.

Primary Uses: Round bailing (5x5), discbine 10-12', 4 -16 semi- mount plow.

I almost bought a Case IH MX 135. Is there another make / model that I should be considering? I like to repair my own equipment. Aftermarket parts availability would be a huge positive.

Lots of people around here run the New Generation (20 and 30 series) and Generation II (40/50/55 series) Deere rowcrop tractors from 100 to about 130-140 HP for that kind of work, as well as some 1990s and early 2000s 100-130 HP Fords and New Hollands. The most common ones I see are Deere 4020s, 4230s, 4240s, and 4440s. Parts availability is excellent on those models and they are generally considered some of if not the best units Deere had ever made. You could also go newer and get a 6000 series or one of the small-frame 7000 series units, just stay to 2012 or older if you want to avoid urea.

I've run the kind of equipment you mention. Any of those units will easily run a 5x6 dry hay round baler and a 4-16 semi-mount plow as we ran those on a 77 HP utility tractor back in the day. That tractor would be more comparable to a 3020 than a 4020 or larger would be, and it handled them without trouble. I've run a 10 1/2' Discbine on a New Holland making just under 110 HP at the PTO on a dyno and it didn't even know the Discbine was back there, going 7 MPH through ton and a half an acre grass and clover. I would expect it would run a 12' unit easily.

Do remember that the rest of the tractor besides the engine can have electronics as well, and they can be just as difficult to work on yourself as an ECU engine is to work on. The New Holland rowcrop I mentioned running above is identical to the Tier 3 CaseIH Maxxum line, so it's the next model to the MX 135 you mentioned. It has a mechanically-controlled engine as it is a Tier 3 unit but everything else is electronically controlled. The transmission is an electronic powershift, you shift it with buttons. The 3 point is electronically controlled. The PTO is electronically controlled. MFWD engagement is even electronically controlled.

/ Pre-Emissions 100 Hp
Thanks for the input Mo1. We have been using Fords (6610 4x4 and a 7600) for the heavy work. We can certainly get by with what we have, but I'm looking for something that will be more comfortable. The main reason I'm not jumping on the green band wagon is fuel economy. I have heard that the Deeres are hard on fuel, and the Nebraska test data seems to indicate the same. In don't have any first hand experience with John Deere tractors of that size, so if I'm wrong, please educate me.