Pressure Washers?

/ Pressure Washers? #31  
You're absolutely right, DaleW, and of course my place would pass a code inspection NOW, but I sure had to do a lot of work, spend a lot of money, and replace breaker boxes, wiring, etc. after I bought it.

Bird

/ Pressure Washers? #32  
My wife bought a $99 wonder of a lawnmower 5 years ago while I was away on a business trip. When I got back she had it mostly assembled and it had, you guessed it, a 3.5 hp Tecumseh on it. No throttle even, just on or off. Amazingly, it still starts on the first or second pull every time, and I have had no problems with it. I didn't even bother to change the oil in it for the first three years, because I didn't think it would last. Most recently I used it to mow around my rock and re-bar infested property I just bought. It is currently on loan to a friend. Maybe the lack of a variable throttle has made it last, but I have no complaints at all. Occasionally one gets lucky.

/ Pressure Washers? #33  
Glenn, no doubt that Tecumseh had various quality engines available. I tend to think that in the end, with some very notable exceptions, folks who do the required maintanence such as removing the gas from the bowl before storing the engine for winter and then changing oil and cleaning air filter etc. can expect a reasonable life from their engines. Hondas just seem to be able to deal with these abuses better then others. One thing I really like about Honda over B&S is the rope start mechanism. For years B&S used a BS system of bending metal tabs over to hold the pulley assembly. When the rope broke as they all do, you needed to bend the tabs up, and then back down after you repaired it. 2 or 3 times of this and the tabs broke off forcing you to either buy another cover or rigging up whatever you could to make it work. My 3 cents, again. Rat...

/ Pressure Washers? #34  
Well you ever been to the Pendleton roundup or Cheyenne? Have to throw a pretty long rope there. But yea in all seriousness it is. I thought it was pretty good though. My wife drew that and put it on for me.

tractorpic.jpg

/ Pressure Washers? #35  
Re: Ohio Power show

The Power Show was fun. My wife grew up in the suburbs and wanted to go. We found lots of things we "need". 2 dealers had windmills for pond aeration... Really cool...

Monte [image]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=495196&a=11224089&p=39301020[/image]

/ Pressure Washers? #36  
M.Sullivan:
If you want a portable GFI for your washer I would suggest buying a GFI extension cord (or making one as Mark suggested)

Scott

/ Pressure Washers? #37  
Yea, Richard, we go out to Cheyenne every year for the Daddy. Best rodeo in the world. You're right, there are some long throws there.

Bill Cook