Price Check Price check on a 1533 w/FEL

/ Price check on a 1533 w/FEL #11  
Hi Bob,

The R-4's are the only way to go down here if your playng in the sand /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif. the tractor I bought(1433v)had the anti feeze mix in the back tires.
I had a clearance problem with the front tires and the Bush Hog M246 loader. I ended up grinding the sharp edges off of the lower corners at the front of the loader frame to make room for the R-4's. They still drag a little but with the round corners I'm not tearing up the tires like before.
I went in and talked to the dealer in Crestview about the 50 hour service and they seem like nice people, but 2k buys alot of extra stuff /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif.
I have put almost 25 hours on my tractor in the last week, and am very pleased with it. I don't have the experience with alot of different brands like some, but the tractor has done every thing I've asked very well. I don't think you'll be sorry with the Massey /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Price check on a 1533 w/FEL
Thanks Gordon!

If you have some free time when in Crestview, you should sit down with Don and listen to some of his stories! It's one of the things that makes that dealership unique!! About how much were they getting for the 50 hour service? It's one of the ?s on my checklist.

Bob /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Price check on a 1533 w/FEL #13  
Bob,
The older guy up front said it would be in the neighborhood of $200.00. I spoke briefly with the shop guy(Wade) and he said to call him to check the schedule. The older guy in front also said that if I had purchased the tractor there the 50 hr would have been free.

Gordon,

Thanks for the info!!! Have a great day "working" your tractor!

Okay, /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Returned home yesterday from the dealership a little sad. He won't match the others prices or come close siting keeping the doors open, service bays going, and being there when I need him, etc. He did come down $250 from his price and that was it(17250+tax). Also stated the warranty needed to be performed by the selling dealer. So if I bought in Alabama, he could do the hour services just not the warranty work. I'm out the door with 3 different brand tractors right at 16050. 1500 will buy me a lot of implememnts. Sorry to say I will shop elsewhere with a different brand.

Would you buy the Alabama tractor (mid 16s) or buy one of the three other brands? Real tough choice! I may end up flipping a quarter best 2 out of 3!! I would like to here your opinions.

Side note: The service bays are always busy and the technicians are very good. The showroom is spotless and the parts counter guy always cracks a smile! The admin girl always brings me a cup of coffee and I feel "at home" when I walk around the place. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Price check on a 1533 w/FEL #16  
<font color="blue"> Also stated the warranty needed to be performed by the selling dealer. </font>
That is preferred, by all manufactures. It is not required. You can have it repaired under warranty at any MF dealer.

True, he did state his customers would go to the front of the line. I guess I really need to factor in any waiting period.

Bob

/ Price check on a 1533 w/FEL #18  
Hi Bob,

I've been dragging my new tractor around with my Dodge Sprinter and as easy as it is on fuel, if I had to drag it up to L.A. to get it serviced it would add up at $2.50 a gallon. If your going to keep your tractor for awhile $1500 is alot, but in the big picture it can also buy alot of goodwill at a local dealer.
Now, if you can put off buying the tractor for another day or so, I'll go over and see if I can get a free 50 hour service if I convince someone to buy a new tractor from em. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If he would just come down another $250 before Friday I would buy today! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Another tractor dealership offered me invoice plus their low rate financing on all units in stock. Already have their credit app filled out and down payment in hand. $250 will bring me back to MF. From our last conversation, I don't think he will budge. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Hey Gordon, that offer still good to ask him for the 50 hour service?????!

Bob

/ Price check on a 1533 w/FEL #20  
Don't let $250 make up your mind. Over the life of the tractor, $250 will be very little.