Price Check Price Check:

/ Price Check: #22  
Yesterday,
I ordered 1 for the 1815 and 1 for the 2415 and I also have one on my shelf for a 2015 and one for a 2810.

Why do you ask? Is there something I don't know or should be aware of?

/ Price Check: #23  
I think he was trying to clarify current information. Not trying to speak for him, just looking back on his posts, and the fact he seems to get different information on availability.

/ Price Check: #24  
Correct Turfaire, I was simply wondering why Mahindra USA told me the MMM's weren't currently available through Mahindra and to check with my local dealer for a Woods mower. Because based on my experience and the limitted discussion of MMM mowers on this list and others I'm under the impression that there isn't a huge demand for MMMs for these machines. I was just thinking it might have been a while since a customer ordered one from you, and although it's still listed in the Mahindra price books, things might had changed since it was published. Don't be so defensive. I'm just trying to clear up some of my own onfusion and share what I know. But maybe I should just shut up after the written word has been spoken:

Wallace 10:13 There is and all ways was a mid mount mower for your 2615hst.

HangtownMatt

/ Price Check: #25  
Hangtown, did you ever consider the fact that the person that you spoke with may have given you incorrect information or maybe he misunderstood what you were asking?

Maybe they were out of stock or something?

/ Price Check: #26  
HangtownMatt said:
Don't be so defensive. I'm just trying to clear up some of my own onfusion and share what I know. But maybe I should just shut up after the written word has been spoken:

Wallace 10:13 There is and all ways was a mid mount mower for your 2615hst.

HangtownMatt

Maybe "thanks for the help with the mower info" instead of "don't be so defensive" :(
I also thought your response had a little bit of a sharp tone.
You'll find the Mahindra dealers here to be some of the most knowledgable and helpfull you're likely to come across.

/ Price Check: #27  
wallace said:
Yesterday,
I ordered 1 for the 1815 and 1 for the 2415 and I also have one on my shelf for a 2015 and one for a 2810.

Why do you ask? Is there something I don't know or should be aware of?

Wallace....just between you and I:cool: , I've got the World Ag Show prototype MMM in my yard on an 1815HST. It looks great, but is not the final production version and it belongs to Mahindra and can't be sold. It sure looks heavy duty. I'm anxious to try the production unit when it comes out.

As to the guy you were trying to help, I think the changes in brands between Turfaire, Woods and the new brand is confusing, but soon that will be ironed out. It was nice of you to take the time to try to help.

/ Price Check: #28  
I don't have a problem with Wallace or anyone else on this List. And if I owe Wallace an apology ... apology given. Because I know he is an asset to this List, has helped many people and is very well liked and respected. Most of this I know by following this List on a regular basis. But it is very frustratiing for the average-joe to comparison shop or even know what products are available and at what price in this market. I've never ever experienced anything like it for any other commodity. Yes, I probably did sound a bit sharp. And yes, I suppose there is the possibility I misunderstood Mahindra USA, and my local dealer for that matter. But, as I understand it now, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, I should be able to walk into my Mahindra dealer, order part # WMM1013458 and bracket kit part #WMM1013400 from the current Mahindra price book, and expect to recieive a Woods mid-mount mower, painted red, which is very similar to, if not exactly the same as, the one illustrated on Mahindra's web site for the advertised price of $2,340; plus tax and a possible delivery charge. If this is true that is a very good deal compared to the $3,800 + tax + delivery quote I was given by a local Woods dealership. Does this seem like a reasonable assumption?

HangtownMatt

/ Price Check: #29  
HangtownMatt said:
I don't have a problem with Wallace or anyone else on this List. And if I owe Wallace an apology ... apology given. Because I know he is an asset to this List, has helped many people and is very well liked and respected. Most of this I know by following this List on a regular basis. But it is very frustratiing for the average-joe to comparison shop or even know what products are available and at what price in this market. I've never ever experienced anything like it for any other commodity. Yes, I probably did sound a bit sharp. And yes, I suppose there is the possibility I misunderstood Mahindra USA, and my local dealer for that matter. But, as I understand it now, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, I should be able to walk into my Mahindra dealer, order part # WMM1013458 and bracket kit part #WMM1013400 from the current Mahindra price book, and expect to recieive a Woods mid-mount mower, painted red, which is very similar to, if not exactly the same as, the one illustrated on Mahindra's web site for the advertised price of $2,340; plus tax and a possible delivery charge. If this is true that is a very good deal compared to the $3,800 + tax + delivery quote I was given by a local Woods dealership. Does this seem like a reasonable assumption?

HangtownMatt

Matt, I don't think the price you have listed includes the mount kit. As Turfaire has mentioned, it looks like the bracket kit is additional on these Woods built mowers. And are they in stock? I really don't know as I have not ordered one in ages. They are not in stock in California. We sell very, very, few MMM on the west coast. Far less than 1% of the 15 series on the west coast get a MMM. I suspect the 1815/2415 models may change that when we have the new MMM to offer, depending on price of course. No offense to Turfaire, I have no experience one way or the other with the Turfaire units.

I'm probably the worst one to get involved in a MMM discussion. Single spindle rotary mowers and flail mowers are what we sell, and they all mount on the rear.

Now if your point is to show some confusion on what is available and for what price, your point is well taken. Your local dealer should take the time to clarify any questions by contacting Mahindra himself and giving you a definitive answer.

/ Price Check: #30  
DavesTractor said:
As to the guy you were trying to help, I think the changes in brands between Turfaire, Woods and the new brand is confusing, but soon that will be ironed out. It was nice of you to take the time to try to help.

It does get confusing, and I think it comes from the information dealers are given. Last year I was told by many dealers they could not get decks or parts for our decks cause we was out of business, other dealers told me the decks was dropped from the price books all together, and then Woods came on scene. I just found out from our local dealer that the wood decks will not be offered this year, and that someone else is making now, and from another dealer I heard Woods is still making it.

I do not know what happen to Woods, but dealers are being told by someone to call us for tech support for some reason on the Woods decks, or it could be the number they still have on file.

Like you said, it will get ironed out. But to help on the confusion, our decks does not have any markings except for the metal serial number plate. I hope that helps on getting parts for your customers, and we still support our decks and sell parts for them. We still have plenty decks in stock as well.

Like I said, that is just to help cut down on the confusion in regards to our decks.

Jason B Bour
Bishop Enterprises Inc Bell Buckle, TN