Tiller Priefert tiller quality

/ Priefert tiller quality #11  
Why does King Kutter allow China to rip off their patent?? Ken Sweet

I guess it wasn't really patented. Same reason that tarter gate could copy everything they made when they started selling to TSC... it wasn't patented. But I'm seeing more and more stuff from King Kutter with patented or patent pending stickers on it. Like the flex hitch rotary mower and I think a flex hitch finish mower, and maybe a sub-compact tiller. All have patents on them now.

/ Priefert tiller quality #12  
I guess it wasn't really patented. Same reason that tarter gate could copy everything they made when they started selling to TSC... it wasn't patented. But I'm seeing more and more stuff from King Kutter with patented or patent pending stickers on it. Like the flex hitch rotary mower and I think a flex hitch finish mower, and maybe a sub-compact tiller. All have patents on them now.

So Tarter is selling to TSC now? Ken Sweet

/ Priefert tiller quality #13  

they have been for several years. First under the farm force name, then as county line. Not all over the country but in certain states. In certain areas TSC's carry King Kutter, in other areas it's Tarter gate stuff. Maybe also another brand... Hawkline maybe? But it's all branded county line. So in some places a 5' rotary mower will be branded county line and be made by King Kutter, and then across the line in a different state, same sku number will be a Tarter gate product, still branded county line. It's confusing.

/ Priefert tiller quality #14  

forgot to mention... I think kentucky, tarter gates home state, all TSC's carry tarter gate products. Might look into King Kutter so as to have a different product available for your customers. Or they might have a dealer already by you. Don't know...

/ Priefert tiller quality #15  
forgot to mention... I think kentucky, tarter gates home state, all TSC's carry tarter gate products. Might look into King Kutter so as to have a different product available for your customers. Or they might have a dealer already by you. Don't know...

We don't want KK, They are too high and the same as Tarter Mfg. Ken Sweet

/ Priefert tiller quality #16  
King Kutter tillers are made in Ohio, Tennessee, and Alabama. King Kutter doesn't make anything in china, period. They do use chinese made gearboxes as does everyone else in the industry. Chinese companies have been making tillers that are copies of the King Kutter, copying the operators manual and selling them in the states. You need to look at the serial number decal, and if you have questions, write down the serial number and call the King Kutter office in Alabama. They will tell you whether it is a genuine US made King Kutter tiller.

You sound very knowledgeable on KK brand and the inter workings of their competitors. Wondering where that information comes from? By the way I have been very happy with my 3 KK implements.

MarkV

/ Priefert tiller quality #17  
You sound very knowledgeable on KK brand and the inter workings of their competitors. Wondering where that information comes from? By the way I have been very happy with my 3 KK implements.

MarkV

I just really like farm equipment. I know where Woods, Rhino, Bush Hog, Land Pride, King Kutter, Taylor Pittsburgh, Kodiak, Hardee, John Deere, AGCO, New Holland, Case IH, Kioti, LS Tractor have plants, where they make stuff, who they buy from, all from doing research. I know people that work for most of those companies..... and I have a problem of being able to remember lots of useless (useful to few) information. :laughing:

I'm glad you think I'm knowledgeable...

/ Priefert tiller quality #18  
I just really like farm equipment. I know where Woods, Rhino, Bush Hog, Land Pride, King Kutter, Taylor Pittsburgh, Kodiak, Hardee, John Deere, AGCO, New Holland, Case IH, Kioti, LS Tractor have plants, where they make stuff, who they buy from, all from doing research. I know people that work for most of those companies..... and I have a problem of being able to remember lots of useless (useful to few) information. :laughing:

I'm glad you think I'm knowledgeable...

Your profile says that you are in the farm equipment business. What is the name of your dealership? You don't have a ax to grind in this forum, do you? Do you have a website we could visit? Ken Sweet

/ Priefert tiller quality #19  
King Kutter tillers are made in Ohio, Tennessee, and Alabama. King Kutter doesn't make anything in china, period. They do use chinese made gearboxes as does everyone else in the industry. Chinese companies have been making tillers that are copies of the King Kutter, copying the operators manual and selling them in the states. You need to look at the serial number decal, and if you have questions, write down the serial number and call the King Kutter office in Alabama. They will tell you whether it is a genuine US made King Kutter tiller.

Not saying these statements are untrue, but they do run contrary to much of what is stated as facts elsewhere. As I said, it is confusing. Using made in China gearboxes. I believe there are some companies who do NOT use the Chinese gearboxes.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/128661-something-suspicious-about-king-kutter.html

Reading the Opening Post of this thread just confuses me more.

Last edited:
   / Priefert tiller quality #20  
Your profile says that you are in the farm equipment business. What is the name of your dealership? You don't have a ax to grind in this forum, do you? Do you have a website we could visit? Ken Sweet

Nope. No axe to grind. I am in the farm equipment business... kinda, it's more like a consultant. Word of mouth type thing. I know people who know people who pull the trigger on things that get done. A little cryptic, but that's all I'm going to say. I forgot that my profile said that. I think I'll change it so as not to confuse people.