Printed shop manual?

/ Printed shop manual? #1  

WileyG

Bronze Member
Tractor
Yanmar YM3000 Kubota L3430HSTC
I'm in the market for a shop manual in a 3 ring binder. I don't want a CD or a PDF on my laptop. And I don't want copies of copies of pages of a shop manual. Is the Kubota dealer the only place to get this?

/ Printed shop manual?
Well, dang! I forgot about Messicks. Thanks!

/ Printed shop manual? #4  
Well Messicks is a Kubota dealer......

/ Printed shop manual? #8  
I'm in the market for a shop manual in a 3 ring binder. I don't want a CD or a PDF on my laptop. And I don't want copies of copies of pages of a shop manual. Is the Kubota dealer the only place to get this?
I bought mine when I bought the tractor, as well as the Parts Catalog. The Parts Catalog is great for part numbers and diagrams.

I've made it a practice to buy the WSM's for every new piece of equipment including cars, trucks, motorcycles, etc., at the time of purchase. They've proving very valuable in the past for diagnosing problems as well as purchasing the right parts and installing them if I choose. They've proven to be money saved in the long run.

Like you, I do not care for CD's and/or PDF. Give me a hard copy that I can mull over and clearly see exactly what I'm looking for!

/ Printed shop manual? #9  
I bought mine when I bought the tractor, as well as the Parts Catalog. The Parts Catalog is great for part numbers and diagrams.

I've made it a practice to buy the WSM's for every new piece of equipment including cars, trucks, motorcycles, etc., at the time of purchase. They've proving very valuable in the past for diagnosing problems as well as purchasing the right parts and installing them if I choose. They've proven to be money saved in the long run.

Like you, I do not care for CD's and/or PDF. Give me a hard copy that I can mull over and clearly see exactly what I'm looking for!

I do the same. Parts manuals show better assembly diagrams. Collect any sales brochures too. Not only benefits ownership repairs but greatly increases the later selling prices too. Win win.

/ Printed shop manual? #10  

I do the same, and don't mind the expense. I keep them as hard copies in ring notebooks.
What I particularly value are artistic cut-away views and some of the multicolored flow diagrams. Good rawings are better at conveying information than photos. A quality WSM says pride in a product far more persuasively than advertisements.

John Deere pioneered really high quality shop, parts, and technical manuals. Some of their older ones are real works of art. Yanmar copied Deere in that respect and like JD also published technical booklets for students in their factory service schools. Yanmar's Introto Tractor Electrics could serve as an engineering text. It even has math & history lessons.

I've got to say that the workshop manual for the Kubota M59 is right up there with the best of them. Very nicely done. The inking and printing is topnotch on heavy gloss paper. Nice artwork on the flow diagrams, too.

And congratulations to Messicks for putting all the parts manuals online along with an inventory count. They are a class act and it's a pleasure to order from them.

rScotty