Printed shop manual?

/ Printed shop manual? #11  
I have full access to all the shop manuals my dealer keeps and he has a literal room full of them. Shelves and shelves of them. Kubota WSM's are very nicely done as well. Nice to be a part time employee and have access to them and good reading as well.

/ Printed shop manual? #12  
I'm in the market for a shop manual in a 3 ring binder. I don't want a CD or a PDF on my laptop. And I don't want copies of copies of pages of a shop manual. Is the Kubota dealer the only place to get this?
I couldn't read the parts numbers in a photocopy and found what I think was a counter parts manual on ebay. It made a world of difference.

/ Printed shop manual? #13  
If you have a good PDF version. They have color pictures, which non of my dealer sourced manuals are. There are places on the internet where you can have PDF files printed and bound in various ways either in color or black and white. Another plus is you print out individual pages that you can take out for reference while working and you do not worry about getting greasy

Last edited:
   / Printed shop manual? #14  
Lucrative investment opportunity.

Never have bought a new tractor or most attachments. Sometimes buy manuals to study before equipment purchase. Makes for a better informed buyer. Once bought allows to carefully inspect, adjust, repair, and maintain the equipment. Then the resale value recoups the cost.
Most, not all, equipment I have bought and sold after 20 years has increased in value. I know buying used equipment I would pay more knowing the previous owner cared enough to have manuals. Having manuals alway get top dollar and quick sale for me. Adds to the enjoyment of this hobby job.

/ Printed shop manual? #15  
If you have a hood PDF version. They have color pictures, which non of my dealer sourced manuals are. There are places on the internet where you can have PDF files printed and bound in various ways either in color or black and white. Another plus is you print out individual pages that you can take out for reference while working and you do not worry about getting greasy

The Kubota manuals I've seen - and have - are mostly artist's cutaways or hand-drawn descriptive illustrations with references pointed out in the text . I find that good artwork done that way is more useful than photos. THe Kubota ones are finely drawn pen and ink in black and white for the most part; some are color. All the multi-page foldouts of system operations are in color.

That said, I wouldn't mind at all buying a second factory quality WSM that presented entirely different views and descriptions of the same work on the same tractor. I'd probably buy it just for the "read along".

I've got several workshop manuals for our old Norton Commando motorcycle and use them all.

The first time I use a workshop manual it pays for itself. And they maintain their value. Check what used printed factory workshop manuals go for on Ebay.
rScotty

/ Printed shop manual? #16  
When I bought my 1st and 2nd tractor, I asked the dealer to throw in the service manuals. He was happy to do it.

Joe

/ Printed shop manual? #17  
Mine paid for itself so many times I started buying hard copy shop manuals for all my stuff including my trucks…although I thought when I got the F800’s manual shipping was $135 and I thought they ripped me off until it showed up at 38 lbs😲

/ Printed shop manual? #18  
In a pinch take the PDF or CD to a Staples/UPS/FedEx store. Some can 3-hole punch or bind them for you. I did that with a internet found & coffee stained PDF version MF 135 manual.