Problems with Mahindra 15 Series

/ Problems with Mahindra 15 Series #11  
Nope,
The backhoe adds ~950# to the back end...quite enough to counter the weight out front. :)
Also...on a slightly different note...I LOVE the hst , it makes maneuvering very smooth, precise, and EASY.

/ Problems with Mahindra 15 Series #12  
AchingBack said:
Delightedly, there seems to be a dearth of complaints about these Mitsubishi made Mahindras. Yes indeed, it's a wonderful life!

I've been quite busy, and have not been to TBN a whole lot. I guess I missed something. Why is the above quote delighting in allegded complaints about a line of tractors:confused: :confused:

/ Problems with Mahindra 15 Series #13  
Hi Maine; the word "dearth" means a LACK OF or an ABSENCE OF, not a wealth of............

/ Problems with Mahindra 15 Series #14  
Maine_Polack said:
I've been quite busy, and have not been to TBN a whole lot. I guess I missed something. Why is the above quote delighting in allegded complaints about a line of tractors:confused: :confused:

It's a clever ploy to draw people in to read about the problems with the M15s, only to discover that there really aren't that many. Smart, huh? :)

BTW, 86 hours...going on a 1 year with my 2015HST, and NO major issues.

/ Problems with Mahindra 15 Series #15  
bill6 said:
Hi Maine; the word "dearth" means a LACK OF or an ABSENCE OF, not a wealth of............

Ahhhh....ha! Thank you for pointing that out. I feel kinda dum:( Nothin' new there.... I think I will crawl under that rock that I keep for situations like this:eek:

/ Problems with Mahindra 15 Series
srjones said:
It's a clever ploy to draw people in to read about the problems with the M15s, only to discover that there really aren't that many. Smart, huh? :)

BTW, 86 hours...going on a 1 year with my 2015HST, and NO major issues.
BINGO! srjones, you are a clever Mahindra owner.

/ Problems with Mahindra 15 Series #17  
Oooh.... I can feel the Luuuuv.:D :) :D :) :D :eek:

/ Problems with Mahindra 15 Series #18  
George2615 said:
150 hrs. on mine now. Only had one problem with the loader valve. It was leaking by internally allowing the bucket to drop about an inch per hour. Dealer replaced valve under warranty with a newer style valve. No other problems since.

Hi George - Read your post and it made me wonder:

1) An inch an hour doesn't really seem like that much to me depending on circumstances. My FEL, BH and BH stabilizers all relax some given enough time, although I never measured the rates. Maybe I should! Was this drop under load or empty? And from what approximate position?

2) Did the dealer say how much "relaxing" is considered normal vs. how much indicated a bad FEL control valve? Maybe I've got a problem and I don't even know it! :confused:

Dougster

/ Problems with Mahindra 15 Series #19  
An inch an hour is probably within spec for about any loader valve. I suspect the spec for replacing a valve is a few inches an hour. Ironically, there are always a few valves that leak zero. Leave it for a week and it hasn't moved. I've never quite understood why the differences, perhaps it is the span of tolerances allowed in manufacturing the valve and cylinders.

/ Problems with Mahindra 15 Series #20  
DavesTractor said:
An inch an hour is probably within spec for about any loader valve. I suspect the spec for replacing a valve is a few inches an hour. Ironically, there are always a few valves that leak zero. Leave it for a week and it hasn't moved. I've never quite understood why the differences, perhaps it is the span of tolerances allowed in manufacturing the valve and cylinders.

Thanks Dave - Just needed that sanity check on my own situation... and obviously any relaxing also depends on cylinder condition/leakage as well. It also varies a lot on my machine. I've parked in the garage for a week only to find that the FEL (unloaded) hasn't moved a quarter of an inch (while the next time it could be down 2 inches). Meanwhile the 509's bucket has uncurled 3 inches and the stabilizers are almost down to the fender of my Vette (if I forgot to secure them)! :eek:

Overall, none of this has really been a problem... but it would be nice to understand exactly how much is too much according to the manufacturer. :)

Dougster