Problems with Mahindra 15 Series

/ Problems with Mahindra 15 Series #21  
Dougster,
The inch an hour drop was with an empty bucket. It was almost 2-3 inches an hour with a few hundred pounds in it. That was how I found it was leaking, Had a load of topsoil in the bucket that I was putting in several small flower beds for the wife. Every time I turned around for another shovel full the bucket seemed lower. When I finished I checked its drop rate empty and based on the loader manual troubleshooting guide it lead me to believe I had an internal leak in the valve and my dealer agreed.
I've seen other tractors in fields with the bucket up for a week or two at a time without any drop. I wish mine had zero leakage, even the new valve allows bucket drop but nowhere's near the inch per hour of the old one. My dealer has had some tractors on his lot with the buckets up for display that he says have been up for weeks without starting the tractors.

/ Problems with Mahindra 15 Series #22  
George2615 said:
Dougster,
The inch an hour drop was with an empty bucket. It was almost 2-3 inches an hour with a few hundred pounds in it. That was how I found it was leaking, Had a load of topsoil in the bucket that I was putting in several small flower beds for the wife. Every time I turned around for another shovel full the bucket seemed lower. When I finished I checked its drop rate empty and based on the loader manual troubleshooting guide it lead me to believe I had an internal leak in the valve and my dealer agreed.
I've seen other tractors in fields with the bucket up for a week or two at a time without any drop. I wish mine had zero leakage, even the new valve allows bucket drop but nowhere's near the inch per hour of the old one. My dealer has had some tractors on his lot with the buckets up for display that he says have been up for weeks without starting the tractors.

Thanks for the explanation. I can see where that kind of FEL drop would be troubling. Good that you got it fixed under warranty! :)

By the way... Is it accurate to say that cylinder seals tighten and leak less under load... and therefore any marked increased "relaxation" under load is likely to be from a leaking valve? Conversely, if relaxation is somewhat higher with no load, than the valve is probably fine and the cylinder seals may be leaking? Or am I out to lunch on this armchair theory? :confused:

Dougster

/ Problems with Mahindra 15 Series #23  
Dougster said:
Thanks for the explanation. I can see where that kind of FEL drop would be troubling. Good that you got it fixed under warranty! :)

By the way... Is it accurate to say that cylinder seals tighten and leak less under load... and therefore any marked increased "relaxation" under load is likely to be from a leaking valve? Conversely, if relaxation is somewhat higher with no load, than the valve is probably fine and the cylinder seals may be leaking? Or am I out to lunch on this armchair theory? :confused:

Dougster

Sorry to say Doug, but yer out to lunch on the armchair theory. Increased pressure makes them leak faster. There is a proper method for checking leak down though. Most of the dealers on have had service school training on it already.

/ Problems with Mahindra 15 Series #24  
rback33 said:
Sorry to say Doug, but yer out to lunch on the armchair theory. Increased pressure makes them leak faster. There is a proper method for checking leak down though. Most of the dealers on have had service school training on it already.

Oh well... :eek: So much for my 5-minute engineering assessment of hydraulic cylinder seal design! Win a few... lose a few! :(

Dougster

/ Problems with Mahindra 15 Series
Just had a talk with my 2615. Seems he is gettin' pretty bored sittin' in the shed. He says to me, " I don't care if it is winter. Fact is, I'd be a heck of a lot warmer if I was out there workin'. For cryin' out loud, boss; give me sumthin' to do."

By this time last winter, my access road had flooded twice, and I spent one full day putting about 200 yards of it, back together. This year, instead of the rain, we are experiencing near record low temperatures.

I think if I were a cold machine, on a day like today; I'd be begging for some action. I guess the least I could do is go out and share a warm beer with the poor guy.

/ Problems with Mahindra 15 Series #26  
AchingBack said:
Just had a talk with my 2615. Seems he is gettin' pretty bored sittin' in the shed. He says to me, " I don't care if it is winter. Fact is, I'd be a heck of a lot warmer if I was out there workin'. For cryin' out loud, boss; give me sumthin' to do."

By this time last winter, my access road had flooded twice, and I spent one full day putting about 200 yards of it, back together. This year, instead of the rain, we are experiencing near record low temperatures.

I think if I were a cold machine, on a day like today; I'd be begging for some action. I guess the least I could do is go out and share a warm beer with the poor guy.

Dont worry hes not crazy, I talk to my yanmars:eek:

/ Problems with Mahindra 15 Series #27  
120 Hrs and no complaints here with my 2615 HST.

I did have a hydraulic leak that the dealer came to my house and fixed the very next day....free of charge!

In fact we, had a house built this past summer and I did all of the grade work myself with this tractor (moved & graded tons of dirt). I also grade my 500' driveway once every 3 to 4 months, mow around 3 acres a week, grade the snow from our gravel county road (when we get snow...lol) and occasionally drag a tree out of the woods.

Great little tractor for the money or maybe I should say "a lot of tractor for the money".

Matt Sullivan
Scipio, IN.

/ Problems with Mahindra 15 Series #28  
Dougster said:
Oh well... :eek: So much for my 5-minute engineering assessment of hydraulic cylinder seal design! Win a few... lose a few! :(

Dougster

Yer right about that. win some lose some. I just realized I left the smilies out, but I think you knew I was just giving you a hard time. Not trying to bust your chops to much over here...:D

/ Problems with Mahindra 15 Series #29  
rback33 said:
Yer right about that. win some lose some. I just realized I left the smilies out, but I think you knew I was just giving you a hard time. Not trying to bust your chops to much over here...:D

Never a problem... I've got a very thick skin! :D Plus it was just a casual theory (no pride of authorship!) formed after I "Googled" hydraulic cylinder seal design. Most of you here have forgotten more than I will ever know about hydraulics... and some, like the MadReferee... should be teaching it at the graduate level!

Me, I'm just scratching the surface... :)

Dougster