Problems with my new JD 3320 tractor

/ Problems with my new JD 3320 tractor #21  
Patience. These aren't big problems and dont' warrant a replacement tractor. I got a replacement out of New Holland but I was without my first TN for months and the computer kept breaking and causing the machine to not move. It was my dealer than force New Holland to replace. Replacement had tranny seal leaks when new and had to be split twice. Since then needed a new injector pump. These are machines and will have problems. Hang in there.

Andy

/ Problems with my new JD 3320 tractor #22  
Sorry to hear about your problems and your frustrations. I, too, feel your pain.

Had similar problem w/ my new Massey. Hydraulic fluid leaked from the power-beyond block. Dealer took a week to replace the o-ring because I was in line behind some commercial farmers. Got it back and it leaked after 1 day. Took it back and said, "O-rings don't just leak -- there's something else wrong. Can you check the power-beyond block and see if it's warped or has a burr?"
A few days later they had it fixed. (replaced the o-ring). It leaked again after 2 days. Took it back and said, "O-rings don't just leak -- there's something else wrong. Can you check the power-beyond block and see if it's warped or has a burr?" (repeat, repeat, repeat). On the 5th trip, the mechanic said, "Maybe I'll just replace that power-beyond block. It might be wrarped or have a burr." (grrrrrrrrrrrr) I said, "That's a great idea! Thanks for being so thorough." Hasn't leaked since (2 years).

Anyway -- I just wanted to tell you that if you hang in there and stay nice, but stay firm, you'll eventually get it fixed. Eventually, they'll get tired of seeing you and fix it (if you can hold out that long). Two years later I still remember the frustration -- but I still love my little tractor and all the work I've been able to do with it.

/ Problems with my new JD 3320 tractor
Update as of 5/30/2007:

1 - I didn't realize I hadn't filled out my profile. Took a moment to add some details. Hope this helps.

2 - Dealer is being very diligent. Issue was opened with JD D-tach or D-tech and they still have not received a response. Meanwhile, Dealer has obtained a new replacement tractor for me. You heard right, he's got a replacement. He now has to work to get tractor outfitted the same as I had my original one and he'll deliver it. He's hoping to have it to me within a week. I told him to go ahead and take his time as the 3203 ROPS tractor he lent me is working out quite nicely. I'm quite pleased.:D

3 - JD Corporate had responded to my original "complaint", but has not responded to my follow up letter. I'm not so pleased about this.:mad:

Will check back in next week with an update. Thanks to all for contributing to the conversation.

/ Problems with my new JD 3320 tractor #25  
Meanwhile, Dealer has obtained a new replacement tractor for me. You heard right, he's got a replacement.

Well that just sucks big time. I was hoping to hear you'd purchased a Kubota...

Now, you might want to go to the other tractor forums where you've posted the exact same posts verbatim and add the additional information about the replacement tractor.

/ Problems with my new JD 3320 tractor #26  
pebald,

I am glad to hear that you did NOT purchase a Kubota!!! Seriously, I like Kubota's fine. You have gotten a tractor which is highly anomalous for a JD. JD has had some batches of bad O rings, as do all manufacturers from time to time. They will make things right for you. It sounds as though you have a good dealer, but sometimes the dealer and the regional rep are not on great terms, or the regional rep might be just poor. The problem I see here is the mixed messaging that might be occurring. Our tendency is to take things to the top and it sometimes confuses the issue or circumvents the natural process of things. Having owned over twenty pieces of JD machinery I have had great luck with the brand, including two 3720's, a similar sized machine to what you currently have. I have had some trouble with a Gator I owned, (one of four) and my dealer picked it up ASAP and began work. It was a new machine and parts were at the time not widely available. The regional rep was involved but I went fully through my ONE contact at the dealer. He said the JD format is so dealer weighted, that the system does not work well when climbing the ladder. I would stick with your prime dealer contact and let him do what you paid him to do. He and his business depend on you being happy and most dealers want the best for their customers to maintain their good name and vye for future purchases. The 3320 is a great tractor, you happened to have purchased one with some major but repairable issues. I think if you stick with the dealer as your advocate and continue to use their loaner until yours is complete, you will be fine. I would not push for a new tractor, unless you just must have one to rid yourself of any bad taste. The 3320 will serve you well and you did make a good choice in tractors, you just haven't had a chance to realize it yet as you have not had your tractor.
I think the attorney idea is one I would not myself consider. To "threaten" legal action at a juncture such as this is not a wise move because who is going to service your tractor when it begins its true 30 year lifespan??? I doubt a dealer who has received an attorney's letter would do so. I would definitely not do that.
John M

New replacement tractor currently scheduled for delivery on June 12.

swines said:
Well that just sucks big time. I was hoping to hear you'd purchased a Kubota...

Now, you might want to go to the other tractor forums where you've posted the exact same posts verbatim and add the additional information about the replacement tractor.

Swines - Not sure if you're offering a helpful suggestion or something not so nice. Is there a problem with me posting to other forums?