problems with new kubota bx23s

/ problems with new kubota bx23s #1  

rogerwrob

Tractor
kubota
I got this tractor a month ago . It has 7.8 hrs on it.last Thursday the seat release lever fell off. On Friday I put it back on and found a electrical connector that looks like it was done by a kid. The wire is so tight I cant move it and fell like this is going to be a problem down the road. Well I started digging with the back hoe and oil started spraying out.The dealer is coming out to bring replacement parts for the seat and I will ask him about the oil leak and the electrical connector then. I will post pics of the connector and my question is would this have happened at factory or the dealer ship? Thanks Roger

Attachments

• 20190407_141729.jpg
    20190407_141729.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 896
  • 20190407_141742.jpg
    20190407_141742.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 803
  • 20190407_141750.jpg
    20190407_141750.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 769
   / problems with new kubota bx23s #2  
That is hilarious... you are right -- looks like some kid did it.

Hopefully the dealer will repair with like OEM. Trust me, you don't want seat switches haunting you down the road.

/ problems with new kubota bx23s #3  
My guess is that the seat and wiring issues are factory. The backhoe leak I would call a dealer issue. My reason for that is my experience with my 2650. I bought the tractor, backhoe, LP grapple, LP back blade and rotary cutter at the same time. When I picked it all up, the rubber guard was missing from the cutter. When I got home I discovered the front grill guard was not installed behind the loader. When I installed the grapple and opened and closed it hydraulic fluid sprayed freely from one of the hydraulic connectors. Later, when |I got to use the backhoe at my camp, virtually every flare fitting was loose and it leaked hydraulic fluid everywhere at the back of the backhoe frame. The dealer was not thrilled about me complaining and only gave me a gallon jug of hydraulic fluid after several calls and visits. The biggest problem is that I bought the tractor to use at my camp - 3 1/2 hours away from the dealer. Hauling it back and forth or having the dealer come fix it were not options. I trusted that the dealer would have done a thorough PDI but I trusted wrongly. Clearly it's the dealer's responsibility to ensure everything is right before they turn it over to you.

/ problems with new kubota bx23s #4  
When I had my machine delivered, BEFORE I signed for the delivery, I made sure everything worked on the machine with no leaks no issues. Took me like 45 minutes to go over it, but I'd rather deal with them already there with the trailer, than calling them back.

Some get offended by this -- but it's my machine and more importantly it's my hard earned money...

/ problems with new kubota bx23s #5  
When I had my machine delivered, BEFORE I signed for the delivery, I made sure everything worked on the machine with no leaks no issues. Took me like 45 minutes to go over it, but I'd rather deal with them already there with the trailer, than calling them back.

Some get offended by this -- but it's my machine and more importantly it's my hard earned money...

Yep, I agree. My mistake and a valuable lesson learned. Won't happen with me again.

/ problems with new kubota bx23s #6  
Here's a good one...

I bought (then got refunded) a brand new ATV a while ago, and I tried doing the same thing. Delivery driver told me I had 2 minutes to quit wasting his time. I told him, No! So I got on the trailer and was inspecting it, and he told me I couldn't look at it on the trailer that it was a liability to him. So I turned and looked at him, and said, Ok, be that way! Don't bother dropping it off, I am going to get my money back!. He said I couldn't do that and he had to drop it off. I told him no way!! I told him that if he drops it off, I will call the police for menacing and dumping. I stood behind the trailer and he was tempted to try to push me out of the way, but knew better. He finally drove off. I called the dealer and told them what occurred. Long story short, I got my money back.

Next dealer I dealt with, the delivery person was very eager for me to inspect everything, and even pointed things out that I wouldn't even know about to look at. Was very happy with the whole process.

Long story short - never accept a large value delivery while you are not there. Especially on equipment!

/ problems with new kubota bx23s #7  
Here's a good one...

I bought (then got refunded) a brand new ATV a while ago, and I tried doing the same thing. Delivery driver told me I had 2 minutes to quit wasting his time. I told him, No! So I got on the trailer and was inspecting it, and he told me I couldn't look at it on the trailer that it was a liability to him. So I turned and looked at him, and said, Ok, be that way! Don't bother dropping it off, I am going to get my money back!. He said I couldn't do that and he had to drop it off. I told him no way!! I told him that if he drops it off, I will call the police for menacing and dumping. I stood behind the trailer and he was tempted to try to push me out of the way, but knew better. He finally drove off. I called the dealer and told them what occurred. Long story short, I got my money back.

Next dealer I dealt with, the delivery person was very eager for me to inspect everything, and even pointed things out that I wouldn't even know about to look at. Was very happy with the whole process.

Long story short - never accept a large value delivery while you are not there. Especially on equipment!

Couldn't agree more. What made it worse in my case is that I picked up my tractor and implements at the dealer. I guess I was impatient after waiting almost 2 months for everything to arrive. And I wanted to get everything home and in the garage before a big storm was scheduled to hit. Like I said - lesson learned. On the bright side I've become pretty good at finding and fixing leaky hydraulic fittings. And my toolbox now contains all the special tools I need to get at them.

/ problems with new kubota bx23s #8  
Hydraulic leak is probably from a misaligned swing cylinder hose that got pinched. It is a FACTORY problem that has been going on for well over half a year. We have to reposition the swing cylinder rod end elbow on every BX23S that we receive.

/ problems with new kubota bx23s #9  
Hydraulic leak is probably from a misaligned swing cylinder hose that got pinched. It is a FACTORY problem that has been going on for well over half a year. We have to reposition the swing cylinder rod end elbow on every BX23S that we receive.

That's what I like about this forum. A number of tractor owners can relate their questions or experiences and every now and then an expert gives us their own opinion or advice based on their professional experience. I learn something new every time I check in.

/ problems with new kubota bx23s #10  

After reading your response I went and checked mine. The nut was very loose, and dripping. What position do you move the elbow to?