problems with new kubota bx23s

/ problems with new kubota bx23s #12  
Thanks, I'll keep an eye on it. Mine is about 20 degrees from centerline parallel. I'll check the full swing motion of the cylinder to see how much I can tighten the elbow, if needed.

/ problems with new kubota bx23s #13  
Final assembly for your tractor occurs at the dealership. That repair looks like the dealer tech kind of repair.

Id be really suspicious about the dealer assembly quality and physically check and re-torque every bolt on the wheels, loader etc. Expect to find missing bolts/nuts/cover plates, loose/untightened hydraulic fittings, etc. Once you check the bolt torque get a paint pen and mark the bolt heads at the 12 o’clock position. Its a quick way to check if something is getting loose when you do your morning pre-trip walk around.

/ problems with new kubota bx23s
I tightened the fitting on the swing cylinder and the leak seems to have stopped. Took a pic of hose to check the clearance and wow, its rubbing.

Attachments

• 20190410_093407.jpg
    20190410_093407.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 311
  • 20190410_093016.jpg
    20190410_093016.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 296
Ok dealer came out and replaced the hose for the swing arm. I told him about the post that says to move the angle of fitting (thanks RickB) so it don't rub and he agreed. Problem resolved. On the tape job on the seat switch, we untapped it and there was nothing wrong with the wire or switch but someone thought it was better to tape it up to keep water or what ever out and just didnt do a good job. I retaped and dont think there will be a problem with that.The seat lever I think the whole problem was the cotter pins they use on the Kubota tractors will add pic.I put the old fashion cotter pin back in. seat should be good.

Attachments

• 20190411_190139.jpg
    20190411_190139.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 151
Thanks all

/ problems with new kubota bx23s #18  
New SC-TLB owner here. Just picked up my new BX23S last Wednesday. First day of use, after about 3 hrs, I saw hydraulic fluid spraying out of a BH flare fitting. Two of them were loose and a third hose was rubbing on the swing cylinder at full left. Tightened the fittings and moved the one hose slightly to avoid rub. Should I worry about the amount of rub I have on this hose? Second question / observation. 11/16 does not seem to be an exact fit for the flare fittings, there is a tiny bit of "slop". Is there a special wrench for these?
BH Swing Cylinder Hose Rub.JPG

Last edited:
New SC-TLB owner here. Just picked up my new BX23S last Wednesday. First day of use, after about 3 hrs, I saw hydraulic fluid spraying out of a BH flare fitting. Two of them were loose and a third hose was rubbing on the swing cylinder at full left. Tightened the fittings and moved the one hose slightly to avoid rub. Should I worry about the amount of rub I have on this hose? Second question / observation. 11/16 does not seem to be an exact fit for the flare fittings, there is a tiny bit of "slop". Is there a special wrench for these?
View attachment 600481
I think all of the kubotas are metric so try a 17 mm instead of 11/16. I love my new bx23s now that things are working right on it . I used it sat and sunday clearing trees and brush and digging out trunks hope yours works out. also looking at that hose I would get that replaced under warranty

/ problems with new kubota bx23s #20  
Thanks for the info. I should have been more specific. At first, I did try metric and 17 would not fit, but 18 was obviously too big. I just now went and looked again and found that 17 "almost" fits. I can wiggle it about halfway on, but I don't want to force it. I guess the tiny slop in 11/16 will remind me not to torque the **** out of the fittings. :)

I love my new BX23S! I already have 13 hrs on it. I have been pulling scotch broom (kinda like small, short root trees, no bigger than 3" dia trunks). I live on the North Oregon Coast and my soil is sand, so the BX works great.