problems with new kubota bx23s

/ problems with new kubota bx23s #21  
New SC-TLB owner here. Just picked up my new BX23S last Wednesday. First day of use, after about 3 hrs, I saw hydraulic fluid spraying out of a BH flare fitting. Two of them were loose and a third hose was rubbing on the swing cylinder at full left. Tightened the fittings and moved the one hose slightly to avoid rub. Should I worry about the amount of rub I have on this hose? Second question / observation. 11/16 does not seem to be an exact fit for the flare fittings, there is a tiny bit of "slop". Is there a special wrench for these?
View attachment 600481

I found a set of wrenches specifically meant for flare nuts. The flare nut wrenches came from Canadian Tire. The crowfoot wrenches came from Princess Auto. I found that they fit the flare nuts better because they wrap around the nut. The crowfoot wrenches allow you to reach into difficult places like under the backhoe frame. I'm sure you can find the same tools in the US somewhere.

Crowfoot wrench.jpgFlarenut wrench copy.jpg

/ problems with new kubota bx23s #22  
I found a set of wrenches specifically meant for flare nuts. The flare nut wrenches came from Canadian Tire. The crowfoot wrenches came from Princess Auto. I found that they fit the flare nuts better because they wrap around the nut. The crowfoot wrenches allow you to reach into difficult places like under the backhoe frame. I'm sure you can find the same tools in the US somewhere.

View attachment 600539View attachment 600540

Thank you, great tip. I'll check Amazon.

/ problems with new kubota bx23s #23  
Wow, i know this is an older thread, but, we have a BX23s that my wife an i bought in June 2017, we have not had ANY fittings/hoses/cylinders leak whatsoever on ours.
So, i`m wondering... when did this fitting become a problem on the BX backhoe`s where they started leaking as quick as they did. (right close to new when it happened?)

The ONLY thing we had happen to ours was, the left front mowing deck wheel fell off. Got lucky and found the nut & bolt in the yard.
I put it back on the deck, and went thru all the other wheels, those were tight and ok. I guess somebody missed tightening just that one wheel at the factory.

Other than the deck wheel, we have just hit 80hrs, we couldnt be any happier, this little tractor has been just fabulous as well as a blessing for my wife an i.
I did put a Kubota M series cartridge type fuel filter (w/shut off feature) on the side of the main frame and removed the tiny filter up underneath the seat.
I figured if i ever had a gel issue happen in the winter, that OEM filter up under the seat would be a real PITA to get to. Its now eliminated entirely.