Problems with the 5145

/ Problems with the 5145
"I'll be keeping my eye out for a hydraulic leak at the FEL"

you will want to keep your eye away from any FEL leak, believe me it will let you know that it is there.

/ Problems with the 5145 #22  
"I'll be keeping my eye out for a hydraulic leak at the FEL"

you will want to keep your eye away from any FEL leak, believe me it will let you know that it is there.
As well as your hands. Please don’t look for these things while the tractor is running.
Some of these leaks under pressure are hair thin and will cut your skin like a razor. Some so thin they’re invisible.
That’s when the trouble really starts as to get that stuff out of your blood stream is no joke.

Last edited:
   / Problems with the 5145
as an update I have a little more insight into the fuel cap issue, the strap loops from the side of the tank up to the cap and brush hangs the loop and then catapults the top of the fuel cap into the brush. My strap is now broken where it wraps around the top of the cap. Im looking to find a way to secure the cap without the loop hanging down for the brush to snag.

/ Problems with the 5145 #24  
I kind of thought that fuel tank location could be problematic....temporary fix duct tape?

/ Problems with the 5145 #25  
as an update I have a little more insight into the fuel cap issue, the strap loops from the side of the tank up to the cap and brush hangs the loop and then catapults the top of the fuel cap into the brush. My strap is now broken where it wraps around the top of the cap. Im looking to find a way to secure the cap without the loop hanging down for the brush to snag.
The braided wire solution I use has not given me any issues so far. It uses the same screw hole on the tank side, but on the cap side I drilled a hole and put a machine screw with nut on the inside of the cap. So if brush snags the wire at least the new components are stout enough to not launch the fuel cap. I put some pictures earlier in this thread of the fix.

/ Problems with the 5145
I kind of thought that fuel tank location could be problematic....temporary fix duct tape?
negative! an time i put fuel in this thing i really appreciate the fuel tank location. would not trade it for any other location, just need to find another way to retain the fuel cap.