Project #1 of 3

/ Project #1 of 3 #21  
Nice Job No Trespassing!
Thanks for the link.
I think you just solved my porch screening dilemma.

M1Greg

/ Project #1 of 3 #22  
Looks great. Makes the house look entirely different. If you count, like I did, there was 4 extra projects <font color="blue"> 1. we deleted the small window, 2. moved one of the other windows down to where it was. 3. Added the sliding doors, painted the window and door frames, and 4. re-sided the end of the house with cedar siding.
</font> wrapped up in the one project. As long as you and the SO are happy with the outcome, does it really matter that the other projects will be postponed?

/ Project #1 of 3 #23  
That looks great.. what a difference.. the porch and cedar siding makes it look like a ranch house.. I really like it! What was the brand name for the cedar siding.. and if you don't mind the cost per $/sqft? My 1790 log cabin is currently covered w/ the old german/abestos type siding.. pretty ugly.. I've been undecided as to show the logs(might not be good).. or re-side it and help seal the house up.. I've wanted to build a porch for it too.. great job!

/ Project #1 of 3
Here's a link to the siding we used. http://www.lazyslumber.com/5_8_bevel_siding.html

We got it at Menards and all together including the 8 inch lumber (covers 6 inches with an overlap of 1 inch top and bottom), nails, housewrap, finish, and silicone it was around $2.50/sq. ft. I guess. The little bit we did was around $500 for the above mentioned materials. That doesn't include the porch or the new sliding door. Hope my wife keeps it finished /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Kevin