Projected Pipeline

/ Projected Pipeline
Update:

I bought the property. Seller wasn't willing to negotiate much. I spoke to lawyers, land men (friends of mine not representing this pipeline) and the pipeline people themselves. Since I am only concerned about the compression station possibility, I simply looked at every other property I could find on the market and decided I want this one. There are pipelines all over in this area so escaping one looks unlikely. I don't think the pipeline company will disrupt my lake and the back of the property has some rough terrain. They may go through but I think it's unlikely...the surrounding properties look easier. Bottom line, I'm taking my chances based on the help from all of you guys and the additional research I did.

I'll keep you posted! Thank you all very much for your insight!

Next question: where would you guys go to try to find someone to help take care of goats on the property?

/ Projected Pipeline #92  
Update:

I bought the property. Seller wasn't willing to negotiate much. I spoke to lawyers, land men (friends of mine not representing this pipeline) and the pipeline people themselves. Since I am only concerned about the compression station possibility, I simply looked at every other property I could find on the market and decided I want this one. There are pipelines all over in this area so escaping one looks unlikely. I don't think the pipeline company will disrupt my lake and the back of the property has some rough terrain. They may go through but I think it's unlikely...the surrounding properties look easier. Bottom line, I'm taking my chances based on the help from all of you guys and the additional research I did.

I'll keep you posted! Thank you all very much for your insight!

Next question: where would you guys go to try to find someone to help take care of goats on the property?

I suggest you start a new thread, you're more likely to get an answer.

/ Projected Pipeline #93  
Current pipeline- this thread needed a pic. Today’s progress. (Not OP’s pipeline.)
Central Tx.
IMG_3449.JPG

/ Projected Pipeline #94  
I offered quite a bit less...turns out the sellers wouldn't budge.

See posts #81, #82, and #83. hayden was replying to txdon's statement about eminent domain. When I questioned that, txdon clarified that he was referring to a different pipeline that lies wholly within TX and thus is subject to TX law. The pipeline that you are concerned about is interstate and no where near eminent domain being granted - they don't even know the detailed route yet nor have they completed any of the studies required to apply for a permit from the feds (FERC).

IMO, there is way too much up in the air at this time to make a rational adjustment to the valuation of the property. I think that the owners would be foolish to take 15% off when the line may miss them by miles (assuming that they priced it near market value). I would keep shopping unless you are truly in love with the property, only care about the compressor station noise and don't expect a huge discount.

Edit:
I posted and then saw that you bought the property! Congratulations, I guess the property really appealed to you, was priced near enough to market value, and you were comfortable with the compressor station placement.

And txdon, thanks for the photo!

/ Projected Pipeline #95  
- I would talk to the pipeline agents and get their highest and best offer, THEN call an attorney. All of the affected landowners around here have pretty much done that. The attorneys then negotiate on your behalf - and there are a lot of things the average person doesn't think about or opportunities that wouldn't occur to you. The attorney then gets a third of any settlement figure he gets ABOVE your own highest and best offer. You can't really lose. You could possibly negotiate the same figure if you knew the ins and outs, but you'd be saving only the third of the increase. A lawyer just makes sense.

That type of deal (1/3 of settlement using only moneys above your highest offer) sounds good. The attorneys here wanted 1/3 of the total settlement but no more than your highest offer. In other words you would get no more money but better terms. But If you know the list of the better terms (and there are a lot of them) and can negotiate you get the money and the terms. But this will require a lot of research and stone walling on your part - it is exhausting.

/ Projected Pipeline
See posts #81, #82, and #83. hayden was replying to txdon's statement about eminent domain. When I questioned that, txdon clarified that he was referring to a different pipeline that lies wholly within TX and thus is subject to TX law. The pipeline that you are concerned about is interstate and no where near eminent domain being granted - they don't even know the detailed route yet nor have they completed any of the studies required to apply for a permit from the feds (FERC).

IMO, there is way too much up in the air at this time to make a rational adjustment to the valuation of the property. I think that the owners would be foolish to take 15% off when the line may miss them by miles (assuming that they priced it near market value). I would keep shopping unless you are truly in love with the property, only care about the compressor station noise and don't expect a huge discount.

Edit:
I posted and then saw that you bought the property! Congratulations, I guess the property really appealed to you, was priced near enough to market value, and you were comfortable with the compressor station placement.

And txdon, thanks for the photo!

Thanks. I do really love the property. I understand the sellers perspective and they won. I wanted it enough that I'm willing to take the risk. I read enough and talked to enough people that I think it's going to work out alright. Since I only care about noise, my risk is even lower...I think. Thanks for taking the time to share your input!

/ Projected Pipeline
That type of deal (1/3 of settlement using only moneys above your highest offer) sounds good. The attorneys here wanted 1/3 of the total settlement but no more than your highest offer. In other words you would get no more money but better terms. But If you know the list of the better terms (and there are a lot of them) and can negotiate you get the money and the terms. But this will require a lot of research and stone walling on your part - it is exhausting.

Thanks for the input. Fortunately I love a good problem to solve. I have time to learn and I like that too. I also have a network of attorneys that can be helpful...the key is likely to be finding the best owner representative. The internet sure makes learning and preparing easier. The other very important part of this is that at this point, there is no way to determine if the pipeline will even impact my property. Thanks for taking time to share your thoughts.

/ Projected Pipeline #98  
Thanks. I do really love the property. I understand the sellers perspective and they won. I wanted it enough that I'm willing to take the risk. I read enough and talked to enough people that I think it's going to work out alright. Since I only care about noise, my risk is even lower...I think. Thanks for taking the time to share your input!

Jlblake, since you are concerned about CS5 are you in western Leon County? I am on the Houston / Trinity County line near the same pipeline route. Let's keep in touch as the project unfolds.

/ Projected Pipeline #99  
Thanks. I need to drill down further on the map. The CS5 appears to be pretty close to the land but that could be 100 feet or 10 miles. Do you know how I can expand the map with detail? I appreciate this!

A larger more detailed map doesn't seem to be linked to the displayed map. Sorry.

/ Projected Pipeline #100  
A larger more detailed map doesn't seem to be linked to the displayed map. Sorry.

The poor scale on the map is on purpose since they have not determined their preferred route, have not started negotiating with landowners and have not done the required environmental surveys.

The letter that I received dated November 30, 2019 says "The pipeline is in early development stages where the pipeline route is being determined. Therefore, the route as provided on the attached map [the same linked to above] is preliminary, may or may not affect your property and is subject to change. However, we are notifying everyone along the proposed pipeline corridor to begin the outreach process and to solicit your opinion of the proposed route and corridor,"

I believe that they plan townhall style meetings in the 1Q2020 to engage potentially affected landowners, hopefully with more details.