- Install an outside water line and faucet
- Keep 5 acres of new pasture cut
- backfill and grade around a new burried propane tank
- trench out a stream through our yard
- Spread 30yds of bark mulch
- Keep 1/2 mile of unmaintained road clear of snow
- Chip up lots of trees
- Keep that same road graded
- drive around and knock things down just for fun.

The last task is of course the most fun.

/ Projects galore #2  
Hayden -

Since I'm still a newbie, I hope you will post detailed progress reports all along the way. The good and the bad. The best part about this board is sharing information and experiences. I doubt a book exists that has anywhere near the useful data that appears on these pages.

HarvSig.gif

/ Projects galore #3  
Hayden, I am still pondering that 'keep 1/2 mile unmaintained road free of snow' task you listed. How pray tell can you keep that unmaintained road free of snow, unless you maintain it? Are you gonna put ski's on your tractor and use it as a 'fun-mobile'? :eek:) If you blade it other times of the year also, it is a maintained road, all be it, you are the one having the fun of doing so.
When I was a boy, my dad had the 'unmaintained' stuff, cause us boys would jump at the chance to use the tractor or old cletrac.

/ Projects galore
Ok, Ok, you got me. It's a town road but the town doesn't maintain it in any way. In Vermont, it's a class 4 road. I get to do all the maintenance, including keeping it clear of snow in the winter and graded in the summer.

/ Projects galore #5  
Okay, I got ya. Your Tax dollars at work, you work to pay the taxes, and work to accomplish the work that the taxes are supposed to take care of. Nice when they can have the cake and eat it too!

/ Projects galore #6  
That's one of the reasons I like living on a road where there is a dairy just past my property. The milk HAS to get out EVERY day.
This road is way down on the county's plowing priority so that dairy farmer is usually the one who clears the road a mile or so up to the main state-maintained road so his milk hauler can get in and out.

Bill

/ Projects galore
So far I've done the following. If I can muster up the time, I'll post some pics.

- Barn foundation has been excavated (with B2400 + Woods 6500)

- Foundation has been backfilled (With B2910 that I traded for)

- Many trees have been chipped up, many more to go

- I've cut the fields. They had 10-15 yrs of growth and were re-opened 2 years ago with a bronto. I've mowed them twice since to keep them down and cause their return to grasses. So far so good.

- I've also removed a number of stumps (also with Woods 6500), one of which was bigger than the tractor (including root ball of course) and had grown around two rocks the size of beanbag chairs. Major hassle getting that baby out, and of course it was smack in the middle of the foundation that I was excavating.

- I backfiled and graded over the propane tank and that's nice grass now.

- I also graded to road a few times with the box scraper.

- Most receint purchase is a 3PH snow blower to keep the road clear this winter.

- This weekend I'm going to do the water line and maybe get a start on the drains.

Peter

/ Projects galore #8  
Holy Cow, Dude!!!

When did find the time to do all that?

You're not one of those wealthy retired fellas, are you? /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

HarvSig.gif

/ Projects galore
No, but that's my goal if I can just figure out how to make it happen.

I did have the opportunity to take a 5 month sabbatical this spring/summer/fall and that helped provide lots of play (oops, I mean WORK) time. But now I'm off on the next venture so it's back to being a weekend warrior