Projects galore

/ Projects galore #11  
Hayden...I think I know why Harv is amazed at how you do all that.
He's tied up helping me figure out which finger is best to hit the "A" key on my webtv cyber-steamer keyboard!
So far, today, he's kept Muhammad from 86-ing me from the forum for committing mortal sins of stupidity. I best stay on your subject or exit. Where did I put my brain cell?

LazyK.gif

Lazy K - Chip

/ Projects galore #13  
Hey, my Mom and Roy would be proud!
!Muchissimos gracias!
Your lead to Master Harv was appreciated. Someday I'll have meaningful knowledge of all this secret stuff. Yea, that's the ticket.
I'll have 200,000 postings, a pool of typists gushing forth good stuff on all the post sites. Yea, Morgan Fairchild can approve all my unique ideas...
oops! I've been using too much starter fluid on the pesky flies again. I can sure smell it here in what I think is my shop. Huh Oh.. here comes my wonderful partner, Sandee. She's
put up with me in marriage, two kids, Alaska for 23 years, and many un mentionable
minor personality eccentricities for 35 years! She should be considered for sainthood. She knows I'm fiddle-farting today in anticipation of going to take care of my Pa in L.A.
'Can't rush into these tree felling and road grooming projects. A feller needs to consult with his experienced mates in tractordom before rushing out to do something you've only done a paltry 5 or 6 dozen times. I'd Best sign off. She's going to have me declared habeas corpus if I don't come up for air.
Thanks for the nudge.

LazyK.gif

Lazy K - Chip

/ Projects galore #14  
Harv, if a feller was running for a public office and wanted an honest answer from a great pool of diverse citizens, he'd sure get a great bell-shaped sampling curve with tight margins of probable error. Hey maybe we are a sampling universe with high degree of success in probable outcomes! Watch John Deere stockholders beat a path to the forum's
sign-in page.

I'll be looking forward to talking with you.

LazyK.gif

Lazy K - Chip

/ Projects galore
I knocked off the water line and outside faucet this weekend. 75' trench 3 feet deep. Took about 3 hours to dig. The worst part was keeping plastic down in the wind and keeping the dirt on the plastic to keep the yard from getting trashed.

It's odd too how not as much dirt goes back in the hole as came out.

/ Projects galore
4690 Backhoe. I can't imagine doing it any other way. Part of why it took so long was that I hit a bunch of super hard packed "stuff". It crumbles into sand once broken up, but is almost like soft stone before breaking up. I didn't realize how hard it was until I went into the trench with a shovel to smooth out the bottom for the pipe and tried to dig it. Yikes. Made me appreciate the BH and how well it really did.

Again, the other thing that slowed it down was trying to carefully handle the excavated material. That was key to continued domestic harmony, and continued permission to play with my toys.