Propane Direct Vent question

/ Propane Direct Vent question #21  
I'm looking for a propane heater for my detached garage as well, 1200sf.

I would go with a Rinnai EX22CP. It is very high quality, reasonably priced, and their model 22 has been around in one form or another for over 20 years. Very good cold climate approx. 1000 to 1500 sq. foot heater depending of course on ceiling height, insulation and air leakage. This latest one (installed 2017) is slight overkill for a 800 sq. foot detatched garage with high peaked ceiling - rather poorly insulated and sealed - which I use as my wood and metal shop. Quiet. The Rinnai comes complete with all instructions and parts to meet any code I've ever seen. I put the first one into our cabin in 1991 and last year put one that workshop. I've also got the same model as supplemental backup in our home. To purchase, I call Rinnai direct at their main US office in Nebraska and ask if I can buy either directly or through my local propane supplier. Never had a problem.
good luck with your shop,
rScotty

/ Propane Direct Vent question
I would go with a Rinnai EX22CP. It is very high quality, reasonably priced, and their model 22 has been around in one form or another for over 20 years. Very good cold climate approx. 1000 to 1500 sq. foot heater depending of course on ceiling height, insulation and air leakage. This latest one (installed 2017) is slight overkill for a 800 sq. foot detatched garage with high peaked ceiling - rather poorly insulated and sealed - which I use as my wood and metal shop. Quiet. The Rinnai comes complete with all instructions and parts to meet any code I've ever seen. I put the first one into our cabin in 1991 and last year put one that workshop. I've also got the same model as supplemental backup in our home. To purchase, I call Rinnai direct at their main US office in Nebraska and ask if I can buy either directly or through my local propane supplier. Never had a problem.
good luck with your shop,
rScotty

Thank you rS, I put in a Rannai tankless water heater in our home 10 yrs ago when it was just a weekend getaway and it has worked flawlessly so I will definitely look into it. My 3 stall garage will be scissor trussed to accommodate a RV in the center.

/ Propane Direct Vent question #23  
I'm looking for a propane heater for my detached garage as well, 1200sf.

As has been said; read the manual as they are all engineered different. My 80,000 BTU Lennox condensing furnace has 2" lines out the wall. A 50K condensing unit heater I just bought for my garage calls for 3" lines. Slope can effect how you run horizontal lines. The exhaust line requires 1/4"/foot slope back to the appliance. Condensate has to be trapped there and drained. This is one of those things that not following the manufacture's instructions can cause a major problem. I also had a "professional" firm install my furnace. I had to caution them several times. Wound up with a lot of extra couplings in the 2" PVC and nothing is straight and plumb. I plan to re-do it all when I get the time. Back in my pipe fitter days if I did a job like they did I would have been fired on the spot. Today it is anything goes just beat the bosses allotted time.

Ron