PTO adjustment

/ PTO adjustment #1  

hillmower

I have a B7610 with 60" MMM. I read in the manual that an adjustment can be made to the rear PTO to give it 950 rpm. It seams like this would allow for faster travel when operating a rfm or rotary cutter. Am I right?

/ PTO adjustment #2  
NO... NO... NO... do you have a death wish? READ the safety labels... "OPERATE AT 540 RPM ONLY"...

mark

/ PTO adjustment #3  
Your MMM attaches to your REAR pto?

/ PTO adjustment #4  
Welcome aboard Tim Allen... I might add... MMM should be a 10 spline and rear a 6 spline...

mark

/ PTO adjustment #5  
I know nothing of the B7610 in the question asked, but I would concur with Mr. Mark that every implement I've seen for a 3PH operates at 540 RPM. To double that speed on the tractor side could result in unfortunate consequences. I'd hate to think of what would happen if a rotary mower blade let loose at 940 RPM...it just isn't made for that type of rotational inertia.

Even if it's available (which sounds odd), I wouldn't go there.

/ PTO adjustment #6  
There are 1000 RPM rear PTO's and implements available but not mowers.

mark

/ PTO adjustment
The MMM does not attach to rear, just thought that if it would work I would get a rfm. However, due to the fact that everyone who has replied thinks that this could result in serious problems, I will stay away from the adjustment.

I am really just try to find a way to mow faster without paying for a larger tractor. I am probably out of luck.

/ PTO adjustment #8  
Looks like you need a bigger... more HP tractor... we can help... lets see, 540 pto = 16,000 fps on mower... double... = 32,000 fps... NO way! Ever see a gear box explode? Blades may fly to China... could be a good thing?

mark

/ PTO adjustment #9  
mjarrels said:
There are 1000 RPM rear PTO's and implements available but not mowers.

mark
Mark, They do make a 1000 rpm mower, it is called a Brown's cutter, they have a 1,000 lb disc with 4 blades it takes a few minutes to get them up to speed but once they get turning they will take down trees.

/ PTO adjustment #10  
FL400,

Yikes... I would not want to operate it...

mark