Pto on IH 454 locked up.

/ Pto on IH 454 locked up. #31  
MCV = Multipal Controle Valve.
Thats the "squere housing" between the filterhousing and the diff housing. Where all the pipes is connecting to.
That small pipe is the feed for the PTO clutch and that pipe fitting at the end is a T- piece going into the diffhousing throu a channel to the rear PTO shaft and that shaft has 2 rings on it and a hole inbetween it channaling the oil to the PTO clutch. Oilpressure clamps the clutchplates together coppeling the front and the rear PTO shaft together.
No oilpressure and the 6 springs in that pack clamps the brakeplate and stops the rear shaft.
Will send some pics.

/ Pto on IH 454 locked up. #32  
MCV 20190407_191139.jpeg

/ Pto on IH 454 locked up.
I havent pulled it apart yet. The problem is that I don't have the correct hose adapters to work with any of the three fittings I see. I've been delaying, because I hate to get it apart and not have the correct tools to test it. Do you know what size fittings that will require on the hose connected to the pressure gauge?

/ Pto on IH 454 locked up. #37  
What about the picture that shows the a square shaped fitting with a hole in it attached beneath a hole that looks like it should have a bolt in it. What is that?

Did this get answered for you? It is where the swinging drawbar attaches, if there was one.

Ok. So, I just disconnected the bottom of the two hoses. Just a small amount coming out of the line until I started the engine. Then it just flowed fluid right out of the fitting and past my drain bucket onto my driveway. I thought the fluid was returned into this port, not flowing out of it. For what its worth, I had the pto as far forward as possible when i started the tractor. Maybe that means nothing, because it doesn't seem to go all the way forward. Ok, what now? Did that accomplish anything other than a half gallon of fluid on my cement in about 10 seconds.

I also noticed the on the top one (fitting above this one, high pressure I think?) the nut was extremely loose. So, someone had messed with it before I bought it. It was barely finger tight, if that. I bumped it with the wrench I had and it turned. Should I see if there is flow coming out of that one, and go to the hydraulic shop and see if they can make an appropriate test hose using my description, so I can test actual pressure? What about the little (pto line) that goes behind and below these other two lines. It appears to have a cap on the bottom. Should I remove it? It's tiny compare to the other two, which took a 1" wrench.

/ Pto on IH 454 locked up. #39  
Appearce to have a cap on it .....Thats the one you needs to test your pressure on. Take that cap with you to town and let them make you a test gauge !

Okay cool I can do that. is it correct to say that that little tube then shouldn't go shout any substantial oil and less the PTO is engaged in the tractor is on. in other words if the tractor is running but the PTO lever is in the off position I shouldn't have substantial pressure from that correct?