Pto on IH 454 locked up.

/ Pto on IH 454 locked up.
Are you referring to the hole where the roller pin goes into? holes outside?

So, how can they get so worn that the pto never turns a hair? As you said before, the pto should turn a little on start up, when activated. I can't even feel vibration in my pto shaft, to indicate that something is turning and transmitting energy. Do the splines on the internal shaft ever get so bad, that nothing would grab and turn? Suppose the pto shaft was not used for years. What would be the effect of that? It would grab wouldn't it?

Assuming the little pto valve that I unplugged has substantial enough psi, does the hydraulic pressure cause the clutch plates to close and drive the pto shaft? It seems like the explanation would be a good youtube video.

/ Pto on IH 454 locked up. #55  
When the pack gets oilpressure that oil gose behind the piston and that piston do 2 things ....1. Release the brakeplate....2. Clamp the clutchplates together.....and couples the front shaft to the rear shaft.

Ok, I've read every page you sent me. It is helping me to clear up some questions. What book are those out of. I should probably invest in it. My manual has almost none of what you sent me and its called a shop manual.
Your sure are nice to send me all of that stuff and help me to get through this.

Since I don't have any visible high pressure leaks when I engage the pto, yet I know I am getting oil flow through that little connector I had pictured, What does that leave besides severely worn clutch plates, a stripped out splines (seems unlikely) or as you suggested, a roller pin (bearing?) put in backwards? I'm trying to prepare myself for all likely outcomes so I have the parts on hand. Also, remember that when I engage my rear remote it do get a low growl since it isn't hooked to anything.

/ Pto on IH 454 locked up. #57  
Please read post 24 again and as I statted
Drain oil.....remove round plate at right side ....you will see the pto pack.....remove rollpin (not bearing).....remove sealcover at the back.....remove rear shaft....now that you have both outside .....check for that hole thru the pack and line up the rear shaft.
Now that you know how ....reinstall both with correct timing.

All of the pages came through and four or five emails. I'm missing one but the only way I can identify them as the page numbers at the bottom because the individual pages do not have a p stamped on them anywhere.

It's definitely very good information and it's helped me to understand the way the hydraulic fluid is distributed and by what.

I won't get a chance to do the pto clutch pack removal till either tomorrow night or perhaps Saturday