Sprayer PTO or Electric Sprayer

/ PTO or Electric Sprayer #31  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Investorguy, what kind of person are you. You sent me a private message and you are telling our communication here. Worse than that is you are telling our comm. wrong. Here was our short dialog:

You: where can I get that sprayer for $500
I: In Turkey
You: How much its cost is if I get it to here? (or, a similar question.)
I: I am not selling here. I am wholesaler only. It is useless if you don't get a container.
You: sorry bothering you.
I: No problem. I am not here for selling. I have been on this forum for years just to talk. Have a good day.

So, $500 above is not wholesale price. Actually, not retail price either. It is the price "I" will pay when I buy a sprayer here. Anyway. )</font>
Sorry, I didn't know that I was sharing privileged communication. I figured I'd save MMM the time to PM you and save you the time PMing MMM back and probably several other posters who likely had the same question.

Seriously man. If you come on here saying, "I can get a sprayer (that we're obviously all interested in) for $500" which is a price considerably less than any of us can find, I think it's reasonable to expect that you should share this source with us. If you meant to keep it private, don't share. It's like a kid eating an ice cream cone and waving it in front of the other kids who don't have ice cream cones. We're here to help each other out, not brag about how good a deal we can get on something that no one else can get.

What kind of a person am I? I'm a person looking for a good deal on a sprayer. I'm a person that got a PM from someone on this board, then went and took a couple pictures of the implements that the other guy was interested in (and PM'd them to him) so he could call them and set up an appointment. I'm the type of person that tries to helpful because people on this forum have been so helpful to me.

What kind of a person are you?

/ PTO or Electric Sprayer #32  
I found basic pump pieces for cheap at our farm store (Wilco).

I got a 6 roller pump for $36, and the PTO shaft adapter for ~$20. At 540 rpm, is rated @ 9 gal/minute. The extensive documentation suggests that I could put a 1:2 pulley system together and roughly double the flow with marginal increased HP use. Fortunately, I think 9 gallons a minute (6 minutes to empty a 55 gal tank) is way plenty.

I'm going to make a home-brew spray system with irrigation parts, an angle-iron backet to hold the pump + spring tensioned chains to arrest the bracket twist.

I expect to be out ~$100 or so ( I already have a bunch of the irrigation stuff, but its pretty cheap anyway).

I have an 8ft trailer I can use, and I might add 2 more 55 gal drums (used food grade) and connect them together with hose.

I'm sure there are a ton of things about my quaint setup that will be non-optimal, but for occasional use it should work great.

My first project will be experimenting with using PVA glue 1:5 with water as a soil binder to keep the dust down on the 1/4 mile rock drive we share with a neighbor.

Now I just need to find someone that will sell me a 50-55 gallon drum of PVA glue for cheap.

/ PTO or Electric Sprayer #33  
Is that a new pump for $36? I'll have to do a web search. My Hypro 7700 was 5 times that.

/ PTO or Electric Sprayer #36  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Is that a new pump for $36? I'll have to do a web search. My Hypro 7700 was 5 times that. )</font>

Its a Hypro 6500 with "Super Rollers". According to the performance chart, the 6500 running @540 rpm pumps 9.7 gallons per minute using .08 HP. The 7700 running @540 rpm pumps 14.2 Gallons per minute @.23 HP (both figures assuming 0 pressure). For 100 PSI, the 6500 pumps 6.6 GPM using .68 HP and the 7700 pumps 11.9 GPM using 1.1 HP.

Here's the twist. It also suggests adding a speed doubling pulley so that I'd be effectively running @ 1000 rpm and nearly doubles the flow (and HP used) across the board.

The highest rpm listed in the chart for the 6500 is 1200rpm whereas the 7700 only lists 800.

Either way you can pump a lot more than one of those typical electric pumps.

I am sorry to say that I think you paid too much in light of how cheap I got this one brand new off the shelf at Wilco the other day UNLESS it is a SilverCast pump which is supposed to stand up to acidic fluids much better. I will take my chances and rely on flushing with water, and filling with vegetable oil when not in use.

I will probably build a frame and a pulley for it just for the fun factor of having a pump that can pump a good 20 gallons per minute! That's a milk jug full every 3 seconds! If I get around to installing a water resevoir at the top of the hill, I'd buy a second pump and have it all hooked up and set up in a box so that "just add tractor" and I can be my own fire department being able to dispense 1000 gallons in under an hour.

There is some chance I am totally wrong about the price on the pump. I will double check. $36 is what I saw on the shelf but I made the purchase with about a grand worth of other materials and it might have slipped by /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif in which case I'm in trouble with the accountant :gulp:

/ PTO or Electric Sprayer #37  
I've got the nickel pump between cast and silver as I spray some abrasive wettables. I wont tell your CEO, cause I doubt the price is right. Surplus Center is cheapest I've found, but doesn't approach your price.

/ PTO or Electric Sprayer #38  
I did want to point out that even the low-end PTO pumps whip the electric ones by about 2-3X pumping ability. It might be easier to control an electric pump, but PTO seems like the ticket to me.

/ PTO or Electric Sprayer #39  
BUMPING THIS THREAD TO APOLOGIZE FOR MISINFORMATION

I *thought* I'd picked up the PTO driven pump for $36. I was completely mistaken. I paid $119 for the 6 roller Hypro 6500 pump. $32 was for the shaft adapter I bought. Apologies to everyone I may have misled.

Still, comparing pumps, your best $ per gallon per minute is going to easily be PTO. It doesn't help if you are already using the PTO to drive something else.

/ PTO or Electric Sprayer #40  
It was hard for me to imagine prices coming down to $32, but at least it sounds as if they haven't gone up much. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I had an opportunity to buy a new one wholesale several years ago and it still cost about $75.