/ PTO rotation converters #1  

Mith

Veteran Member
does anyone know the kinda price on of these is
i know they exist but havent seen one - any pictures - anyone got one
any info would be great

mith

/ PTO rotation converters #2  
I'm not sure they're being manufactured in the US any more. A company that used to build them for Kubotas scrapped their tooling years ago. When I talked to them, they didn't even have the engineering drawings.

There's an old thread on this site about the units. At that time, parts yards had standing orders for any units that showed up. It wouldn't be hard for a machine shop to build one.

/ PTO rotation converters
i read the other threads but werent quite the answer i was hoping for
im watching the pennies here but i was offered a compact and mower for £1000 in top condidtion really nice but if i cant get the PTO sorted out it is useless to me /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
someone must know where to get one
mith

/ PTO rotation converters #4  
This tractor would work for your tiller converted to a lawn sweeper. It would give you the correct rotation of the brush without having to swap the drive around. Is the mower built for standard rotation? You might try posting on the Mitsubishi/Satoh forum. There are a couple of vendors who reply there regularly. A lot of the older Satohs had the backwards pto. I think I remember one of the vendors did have a reverser. Don't have a clue about the cost though. Good luck.

/ PTO rotation converters #5  
Living in Britain, you may be in a better situation to find one of the units since you have access to all of Europe. I wouldn't be surprised if some shop/s still had access to the convertors. Figuring out how search for one is key.

Europe has a much more diverse selection of equipment than the US. You might consider attending one of the big equipment shows to talk to the manufacturers's reps. Someone may know of a dealer or distributor that has one in the back of a shed if their company produced them in the past. You may find someone that still has a convertor in their product line. Likewise query all the places that sell used tractor parts.

Try posting a request at UK sites like www.acountylife.com . The idea is to enlist other folks to look. Someone may spot one and notify you. Try other US related tractor discussion sites.

You'll have to do some brainstorming to figure out all the ways that might lead you to one.

Good luck.

dont worry any more
thanks for all your help but ive decided not to get that tractor
2 reasons - it would be toatally useless unless i got one of the reversers and its oly 11 PTO HP - wahh???
talk about small HP - need atleast 15 PTO HP
the search continues
thanks for your posts
mith

/ PTO rotation converters #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( It wouldn't be hard for a machine shop to build one. )</font>

Lets see.. Off the top of my head.. front and back plate.. 4 bearings, and some sort of retainers, two shafts, with a 1:1 gearset. Could even be spur gears. Throw a pto adapter on each side, and tack some walls to it and fill with oil.

Hard way to go about it.. but deffinately doable.

Soundguy

/ PTO rotation converters #8  
You didn't say what brand you were looking at. Kubota & Mitsubishi both had backwards ptos , but with different # of splines. I can supply one that fits the Mitsubishi spline or I have an adapter that adapts it to the standard 6 spline shaft. Also available is the reverser gear box without the correct input & output shafts. I haven't looked into modifying it.

soundguy - i had thought though not as much about making one but the tractor just isnt worth the effort to me
thanks for the reply though - maybe a bit more food for thought /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
mith

lens- it was for a kubota b6000 - 12 spline i think
i can get hold of a 12-6 spline adaptor for $70 so i guess your rotation converter is also quite expensive. i dont suppose you could give an estimate to the cost for the one that you can supply?
i think if anyone could make a b6000 reverser gearbox then there would be a big market - just do a google search on it....
still unless the cost is very low (baring in mind shipping to the UK) it would really make this deal on the tractor not such a great deal
thanks for any help
mith