PTO running everything

/ PTO running everything
Neofarmer
There are a lot better tractors out there for you to get started on, rather than this one that has plenty of mysteries and awkward combinations for you.

For a new "just getting started", I think you deserve more.

Independent PTO and independent FEL control are but two of the ones you should enjoy.

What features brought you to this UTB?

Sorry for the delay... Been busy, new baby boy :D

Really the biggest feature was 4wd and price. In my area prices are very high even for old 2wd tractors... My only other 2 options for a 4wd tractor in my price range ($6000) was a couple Belarus tractors and two other UTB that were even more expensive (8-10k)

So this one had what I needed, a FEL, 4wd, and capable of lifting round bales.

Trust me I would rather have a newwer NA tractor but around here the prices for and old John deere with NO FEL was $5500...

I paid $6350 for the UTB.

/ PTO running everything
I have exactly the same tractor as you - a UTB 445DT complete with quick detach front loader. There is nothing over-complex on this tractor for a newbie to deal with. Either the FEL is powered by a pump working off the PTO or it uses the tractor hydraulics: both are quite normal on tractors of this vintage. The PTO must obviously be engaged to drive a PTO pump ( does yours have a separate hydraulic tank for this too?)

Yeah there is a large tank just to my left behind the seat.

There is a separate hand clutch for the PTO which is a lever just inside your left leg, down is the normal engaged position - do not leave this up when running - it will wear the PTO clutch release bearing). Set engine revs to 1000, lift the clutch lever then move the PTO lever - centre position is neutral (i.e.no PTO), left is ground speed & right is engine speed (i.e. "normal" PTO operation) which is what you need if your FEL has a PTO driven pump. Lower the PTO clutch lever which will start the PTO shaft running, & adjust engine revs as desired.

Ahhh must be why the PTO is such a pain to engage LOL

On mine the loader uses the hydraulic pump fitted to the front of the engine i.e. the standard one. The loader works fine both at lifting & tipping the bucket. There is plenty of hydraulic flow (over 5 imperial gallons per minute) to work a loader. Mine has a factory fitted hydraulic valve on the right of the seat which in my scenario works as a splitter. Hold it down & the FEL levers work, hold it up & the rear hydraulic valves are activated (I use a back hoe via these). Centre position on this valve allows the three point lift to function.
I'd advise getting a user manual - they were also sold over there (I'm in UK) as an Allis Chalmers 5040 so look for a manual for either.

Yeah I think I'd rather have this setup on mine... Just seems that if I did have somehting attached to the PTO and decided I had to use the FEL for a second, I have to have whatever attached to the PTO running at the same time. Seems inefficent, but I'm a rookie here soooo:confused:

Glad to find someone else with the same tractor! I'm sure I'll be talking to you more often!!! :thumbsup: