PTO shaft stuck/jammed on tractor

/ PTO shaft stuck/jammed on tractor #91  
Not wanting to stir things up here but I too have to disagree with Roy. I think if you try taking it apart more and using pry bars and it is still stuck, I would get a webbing strap and attatch it to the coupling on the shaft and then tie it to a immovable object. Make sure the shaft is being pulled out horizontally and it should be fine. I think it would also be better if you moved the tractor forwards rather than pulling with another vehicule as you will be able to see whats going on better. I expect it will pop off quite easily. :)

I was having the same problem. been working on it for days. just about to cut it off.

Tried the toe strap around the coupling at the PTO shaft hooked it up to ball on pick up. Drove tractor straight awan and pop came right off.

wan't go back on so will replace the coupler.

/ PTO shaft stuck/jammed on tractor #92  
I have a new LandPride RCR1860 cutter that has the sliding ring type of disconnect. A real PITA to disconnect and especially connect. I would like to change it out with a yoke that uses the push pin disconnect but they are listed online by series. I have no idea whether mine is a series 1,2,4 etc. Anybody out there know?