Pull Behind Sicklebar Mower

/ Pull Behind Sicklebar Mower
<font color=blue>Hope i haven't confused you too much </font color=blue>

Not at all Kyfarmer. I'm just happy that you took the time to reply. I remember my Grandfather mowing his fields with a sicklebar mower. I've talked to some of my neighbors, and they seem to think that a sicklebar will work for me. I guess I'll have to try it. Thanks for the input. Kent

Thanks tude,
The trail behind is very nice. I'm think a bit pricey, but I'll look into it. Thanks again Kent

/ Pull Behind Sicklebar Mower #15  
Hey Kent,

I don't know if you've seen it, but there's a review for a 1972 NH Sicklebar RF mower in the Review Section. Here's the link if you want to read it - <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/reviews/reviews.pl/reviews/55> NH Sicklebar RF Mower </A>

Tude, Thanks for the tip. I'll keep on eye on those sites. I also have a local shopper, which may help. Thanks again. Kent

Thanks Golfgar, From the review the guy sounds really happy with the Sicklebar. He mentions the uses, that I would be interested in./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif I guess I'll start getting serious about looking. Thanks again. Kent

/ Pull Behind Sicklebar Mower #18  
You might be disappointed with the way a pull behind sickle bar mower would handle. A sickle bar mower handles hard enough with it attached to the 3pt, since it extends so far out. A pull behind would be even worse.

Hi Mosey,

When you say "handle" do you mean as far the job it will do, or do you mean in tight spots. I've got about 150 yards or more of creek bank to mow. Most all of it is fairly open. Thanks for the reply. I'm still learning. Kent

/ Pull Behind Sicklebar Mower #20  
I purchased a used pull behind sickle mower for my NH1630 this spring to mow a couple of hundred yards of driveway. Once you get the hang of it, it really does a nice job, not as good as the rotary, but the slope is to much to for the rotary behing the tractor. All it takes is patience to learn how to do it correctly and a little slower speed than the rotary. The JD11 I purchased has a 9ft sickle on it. I would prefer a 5 or 7 ft as the are is heavily wooded, but it does get the job done.