Pull Behind Sicklebar Mower

/ Pull Behind Sicklebar Mower #31  
Try this one !!!!

Haban Manufacturing, Inc.
2100 Northwestern Ave.
Racine, WI 53404
414-637-8388 Fax: 414-637-8389

/ Pull Behind Sicklebar Mower #32  
Last week I saw a used 3pt, pto driven sickle mower advertised locally for $500. They're out there, and not too expensive either.

Greg

/ Pull Behind Sicklebar Mower
Thanks Again Everyone for the replies. I'm still looking. I found a New Holland 451 for $2500, but I was hoping to find one cheaper then that. I talked with a guy that I work with, and he said the NH 451 works great. It may take some time, but I'll find one for a decent price. Thanks again for all the help. Kent

/ Pull Behind Sicklebar Mower #34  
Kent, ever since your original post about pto driven sicklebar mowers, I have been checking into them and discovered that with my 3 acre pond that's exactly what I need also. Now I will have to locate 2 (cheap) NH 451 7 footers before I can point one your way.

Normde2001, By the sounds of it , a sicklebar mower will do the trick for you also. Definitely let me know if you find 2 of them cheap. And I'll let you know if I find 2. Good Luck in your search. Kent

/ Pull Behind Sicklebar Mower #36  
Look at the model RD160 made by VMC. This machine is a 60 inch flail, that operated either behind tractor or can swing outwards (hydraulic). The head will also tilt down or up to allow one to cut in ditches or trim branches.... Requires approx. 28 hp tractor and requires dual rear remotes. I have seen people use the loader controls to operate the machine.

The flail will cut much more than a sickle and much less maintenance. This is what I call a multi-purpose mowing machine.

ed.v

/ Pull Behind Sicklebar Mower #37  
Ed:

Would it be possible for you to post some contact info for VMC. Thanks

/ Pull Behind Sicklebar Mower #39  
Thanks Ed. I'm on pretty good terms with with Peiter so I'll give him a call.

Thanks Edv,

My tractor is a TC21D. I don't think the Flail is going to be an option for me. I just need a light duty side mower for weeds on my creek bank. I still think the Sicklebar Mower is my best choice. Thanks again for the reply. Kent