Pulled over for a one-ton truck pulling a water pump in CT.

/ Pulled over for a one-ton truck pulling a water pump in CT.
If it's not a commercial vehicle, as long as it passes state safety inspection, I would think you are exempt from most of the above. In Mass for a while ALL pickup trucks needed to be registered as commercial vehicles.
Warning devices are probably reflective triangle or road flares.
The plate on the truck says "COMB" vertical on the left side.
The truck was purchased new last year. Does it need a yearly safety inspection? When I lived in NY all vehicles had safety inspections. In CT I have never had a safety inspection just emissions. Do certain vehicles need safety inspections?

/ Pulled over for a one-ton truck pulling a water pump in CT.
Is the GMC registered with commercial plates to a company/ business?
It is registered with the Country Club where I work. Business. COMB vertical on the left side of the plate.

/ Pulled over for a one-ton truck pulling a water pump in CT. #13  
Any over 10,001 is commercial and you need a medical card, fire extinguisher, reflective triangles.

/ Pulled over for a one-ton truck pulling a water pump in CT. #15  
In Mass for a while ALL pickup trucks needed to be registered as commercial vehicles.
I got stopped for that there in the late 70s. The truck was a kind of ratty old pickup with a wood flat bed and I was driving on a street marked "passenger vehicles only". To add to the confusion, at the time N.H. (where I live, and where the truck was registered) had plates that designated the county, and on the registration under type of plate it said "coun" (for county) which I think the officer who stopped me misread as "comm". I did not get a ticket. :)

N.H. did away with county-designated plates a couple years later, and any subsequent trucks I've had were much more presentable.

Vermont has a truck plate, not sure what qualifies...I saw a tacoma once with one of those plates, so it sure wasn't GVWR rating.

/ Pulled over for a one-ton truck pulling a water pump in CT. #16  
Any over 10,001 is commercial and you need a medical card, fire extinguisher, reflective triangles.

Is that just the trailer?

Most trucks are rated higher than that for GVWR.

/ Pulled over for a one-ton truck pulling a water pump in CT. #17  

Truck if you have a f450 or any other truck over 10,001 commercial reg you need all that crap..If reg to you personally then no.

/ Pulled over for a one-ton truck pulling a water pump in CT. #18  

I have a 2020 F250 as my company truck. I believe a typical F250 has a GVWR of 11,400 (or greater). Mine is a Lariat "Fleet" and it has a GVWR of 10,001. I believe GM and Ram also offer fleet trucks with the derated GVWR.

/ Pulled over for a one-ton truck pulling a water pump in CT. #19  
The plate on the truck says "COMB" vertical on the left side.
The truck was purchased new last year. Does it need a yearly safety inspection? When I lived in NY all vehicles had safety inspections. In CT I have never had a safety inspection just emissions. Do certain vehicles need safety inspections?

"COMB" seems to be a Connecticut specific designation, that largely applies to pickups.

It apparently can be either commercial or non-commercial.

A lot of the other regulations will be state regulations. Oregon only has SMOG inspections in a few metro areas, and in the rest of the state, vehicles only need a VIN inspection if they have a new registration from out of state. Virtually no other inspections. At least for private vehicles.

Federal DOT requirements may be different.

/ Pulled over for a one-ton truck pulling a water pump in CT. #20  
Peter315 has it correct.

You are commercial, participating in interstate commerce, and over 10,000 you need a FE, triangles, a medical card and a dot number.