Pulled the trigger (finally) kubota L3901

/ Pulled the trigger (finally) kubota L3901 #51  
If you buy forks, get a good set. I bought a set of bottom of the line pallet forks and quickly destroyed them; then bought my grapple for a few hundred more, but there are times when forks would be more useful.

/ Pulled the trigger (finally) kubota L3901
thanks for all of the input and kind words!!
BUT, here’s my question, IF I add a set of rear remotes, couldn’t i just get a set of long hoses to run to the grapple and operate it with the rear remote ? If I’m way off track on this, let me know.

/ Pulled the trigger (finally) kubota L3901 #53  
BUT, here’s my question, IF I add a set of rear remotes, couldn’t i just get a set of long hoses to run to the grapple and operate it with the rear remote ? If I’m way off track on this, let me know.
Short answer, yes.
Long answer, yes, and you wouldn't be the first to do that.

/ Pulled the trigger (finally) kubota L3901 #54  
...To those suggesting a third function, can you work both your grapple and loader tilt at the same time? I have a Land Pride diverter valve and am constantly dropping my load because I try to tilt and close at the same time. I only ask because if the OP decides to add one, he wants to get the right one.
I can on mine but any time I work 2 loader functions at once they both are slow since these CUT have low GPM pumps. I have a the WR Long 3rd function I installed myself

/ Pulled the trigger (finally) kubota L3901 #55  
That's exactly what I have done; as the 3rd function is an add-on, the hydraulic hoses are not ridged (metal) and I have simply cut the tie-wraps (zip-ties?) and snaked the ends back to operate a 'tedder'.

So what you're suggesting is 'kind-of' the opposite; snake a couple of hydraulic hoses from the back to the FEL.

Last edited:
   / Pulled the trigger (finally) kubota L3901 #56  
Yes you can use hoses from a set of remotes.

The issue is on some tractors the lever to control the remotes is in a less than ideal or ergonomic place to control something on the front loader. Ideally with a diverter or 3rd function...you never have to take your hand off the loader controls because the control is on the loader joystick

/ Pulled the trigger (finally) kubota L3901 #57  
Though you don't mention it, I know who your dealer is in Middlefield, Ohio and I wasn't impressed with them when I visited there last summer and I suspect that 200 was with installation at their high shop rate as well, even though you can install it quite easily. Whole gods price is actually 39 and change, I checked yesterday. Not something I require as both my loaders came with as no option.

I'd say they either don't like you or don't like your window shopping, or both.

I know they don’t like me he was my highest quote. I shopped it and went back with my best deal and said meet it or beat it. He went from the highest price to the lowest by $500 . I do not buy parts or filters from him I drive to revenna for those and went to Wellington for my backhoe

/ Pulled the trigger (finally) kubota L3901 #58  
I would think that the added third function would control the grapple only. And the loader itself would work as usual. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.
if you add a true 3rd function, that is correct. Most of the 3rd function aftermarket kits are an electric diverter system. When switched, the diverter valve swaps the output line. Normally, the bucket curl or lift is lost when the grapple open/close is activated.

/ Pulled the trigger (finally) kubota L3901
I did decide to go ahead with the rear remotes. dealer priced parts and labor at $1200 with hydraulic top link and hoses. does that sound about right?

/ Pulled the trigger (finally) kubota L3901 #60  
I did decide to go ahead with the rear remotes. dealer priced parts and labor at $1200 with hydraulic top link and hoses. does that sound about right?
You say "Remotes" plural, are you getting two? If so, that's a smoking deal. $1,200 for one with toplink & hoses is not a bad deal - probably average - especially during these times.