PULVERIZERS

/ PULVERIZERS #1  

Anonymous Poster

Can anyone provide any info on a pulverizer. I am considering buying a rock (landscape) rake and a box blade. I requested Carver to provide a quote and Steve Carter recommeded a pulverizer instead of a rock rake. They are about the same price. He provided a picture of the pulverizer and is very similiar to a box blade. From the info that many of you have posted about Carver Equipment I feel that recommendation is a very good one but I would like to get some info from anyone that has had some experience using a pulverizer.
Thanks for you response.
I wish I had known about this site before I bought a tractor. I do not know if I would have made a different choice but the info provided here is very helpful.
Thanks again.

/ PULVERIZERS #2  
Register and join the group. Do a search on this board and on the archive for pulverizers as it has been written about before. I have not found anyone who has used a pulverizer, but I am sure someone has and will share their information with us. I do have a landscape rake and use it a lot. I sold my box blade and will be buying a new HEAVY one this time. Tell us a little about what the problem is you are trying to solve? /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif As the man said,"No one wants 1/4 a inch drill, just 1/4 inch holes."

/ PULVERIZERS
I am registered as roysallis but was not logged in when I decided to make a post and was too lazy to login.
My son and I have 40 acres, mostly pasture of rolling hills, and I have quite a few rocks that I want to get rid of before I ruin my rotary cutter. In the wooded sections I want to drag out the leaves, limbs, etc. that have accumulated over the years. (I bought the property last fall from someone that had not done any maintenance to the property in years.) Also, I need to break up the ground around my son's house so that he can try to make a lawn out of his yard from what now is pasture. I have over 1/2 to 3/4 mile of dirt road to maintain and I may be able to use the pulverizer for that also ( I have a grader blade now.) My tractor is a JD 5210 (53 gross/45 pto hp) with a JD 521 loader. I like the tractor but I wish there was an aftermarket swivel seat that I could get for it. That would sure make it easier on my neck when I am dragging the road and doing other things.
Thanks for any replies, I really enjoy this site!

/ PULVERIZERS #4  
For the lawn prep a pulverizer is great but for it's overall use compared to a rock rake with gauge wheels the rake would win hands down. For overall use the rake is much better investment but the pulverizer is much like a box or a shallow box more so than a rake. Its great for breaking up clots of dirt and fine grading.
That is my two cents worth Tell Carver the second post that you added and I really believe you might get the rake as a best pick instead of the pulverizer for the overall use.
My rake has gauge wheels and a blade so its a very handy tool. The key is the wheels they ride on the smoothed surface so with it in the float position if the tractor bucks up or down alittle the rake stays level and so does the surface your grading .

Gordon

/ PULVERIZERS #6  
My rake is a Landpride with a flipdown blade and blade ends it's a model 1584. It's not that old I sold my old rake it had gauge wheels but no way to hookup a blade on the same tool. When I started looking for a new box I saw the rake and had to have it. My only regret is that mabe I should have bought the 25 series instead. But I figure I will use it for the summer and if it holds up I'll keep it if not I will trade up to the 25 and I believe with the 25 I could use a hydraulic cly to move the angle as well. I still have not replaced my box yet. What kind of rake do you have?
Gordon

/ PULVERIZERS #7  
I've got the Series 25 8' rake with flip-down blade and end plates and dual gauge wheels. It's a nice unit. I'm trying to figure out a way to make the gauge wheels hydraulicly adjustable, though.

Mark

/ PULVERIZERS #8  
Mark on a scale of one to ten how tough would you say the 25 series rake is. So far I'm happy with the 15 rake. But the weight of the box seems low I'm still looking for another box to suit me.
Gordon

/ PULVERIZERS #9  
Gordon, that's a tough one, since I haven't seen anything else that compares. As far as the rake itself goes, I'd say it's a 7. The blade is a 2 or 3 compared to my big 8' blade. But, it does what it's designed to do. I'm very pleased with it. Except for the lack of hydraulics on the gauge wheels, of course. /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

As for box scrapers, my series 25 Landpride is all I want. I've weighted it down with about 500 pounds of plate steel a time or two when I really needed to dig in to pull up big rocks and pieces of concrete and it did fine. I think the weight is fine as it is for most purposes.

Mark

/ PULVERIZERS #10  
Mark--- Reguardless your not calling me any bad names so it really doesn't matter./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
That blade sure is handy though and your right it can't be compared to a real heavy duty blade.
The weight diff is not that much on the 15 series and 25 series box blade but if I'm not mistaken my old box was almost twice as heavy I wish I knew for sure. The price qoute was $300.00 less for the 15 series box.
Its time to add an aircompressor to your tractor Mark. Then all you would have to do is an air bag or air ram for the wheels. Do you have to adjust your rake angle manually or is that hydraulic? I would love to have just one side link hydraulic but that day will come.
Gordon