Purchased a New Massey

/ Purchased a New Massey #1  

Dftodd

Elite Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S
Just like the title says. Just picked up a brand new Massey 1825E with woods bush hog and a box blade.

Loader came standard with quick attach bucket. So I'll soon be investing in a set of pallet forks as well.

20231229_143934.jpg
20231229_151703.jpg

/ Purchased a New Massey #3  
Congratulations! Send us some working pix when you can.

/ Purchased a New Massey #4  
Congratulations on your new MF!!

KC

/ Purchased a New Massey #7  
That's a real nice tractor, good choice; what, if anything, did she replace?

/ Purchased a New Massey
That's a real nice tractor, good choice; what, if anything, did she replace?
I used to have an old Grey market L1501 kubota that was 2wd. But sold it a few years ago.

It was fixing to need a clutch and some other work done. And I didn't have the time or ambition to deal with it.

I looked at a Kubota L2501, but they were awful proud of that orange color. It was $7000 more than the Massey.

I didn't really get along with the service manager at the local kubota dealership after getting the run around when my zero turn was was in for a warranty repair. After them having my mower for 3 months for a PTO switch, I was out of patience. Then they neglected to call me once the repair was actually done. I found out it was completed when I stopped by to check on when the repair was gonna be done.

Needless to say, I was brutally honest on the survey. Dude had the balls to call me up and ask if a complimentary oil change would make me happy My reply "Why.... so you can keep it for another 3 months???"

Of course, the mom and pop shop was bought out by a large conglomerate, so prices went up and customer service went to he((.

Local green dealer is the same way. Bought by a large conglomerate with similar results.

Ironically, I don't get along with the service manager there either

I dealt with the green dealer through work. After them trying to bill me for utter nonsense, we took our buisiness to the green construction dealer instead.

/ Purchased a New Massey #9  
Nice! Have fun with figuring it all out.

/ Purchased a New Massey
Nice! Have fun with figuring it all out.
Got it figured out pretty quick. I've been running equipment, and tractors since I was 13yo.

I've operated a hydrostatic a couple times over the years, but about 99% of my time on a tractor has been with a manual transmission of some sort.

With this one being a hydrostatic, I keep catching myself going for the clutch each time I want to change directions

That darn muscle memory keeps getting me