Purchasing B2650HSD with attachment question

/ Purchasing B2650HSD with attachment question #11  
from memory, the b2650 has about 9gpm, i remember asking this when i reviewed the fel lift and roll vs jd 2025. i think the b2650 has 2 pumps, but should check with dealer.

/ Purchasing B2650HSD with attachment question #12  
from memory, the b2650 has about 9gpm, i remember asking this when i reviewed the fel lift and roll vs jd 2025. i think the b2650 has 2 pumps, but should check with dealer.

You are correct....the gpm for the 2650 and 3350 is 8.7gpm and yes it is dual pump.

In my opinion the splitter will work fine. I had one on a B1700 a few years back that split fine but was slow...the B1700 was about 4.5gpm if memory serves me right.

Hooking up to the BH lines is the way to go.

/ Purchasing B2650HSD with attachment question #13  

Dual pumps, yes, but one is dedicated to power steering and not available to run any implements, so I'd guess the 5 GPM is what's available to run the splitter. The amount of flow (GPM) of the pump only determines how fast the cylinder will move and does not impact force which is a function of PSI and the area of the cylinder under pressure - bigger cylinder generates more pressure due to more area the PSI is applied to.

Your 2650 will run either splitter, but do the math and figure out what the force or tonnage is going to be. If your B2650 puts out 2000 PSI max, multiple that by the area of the cylinder which would be Pi R squared. So a 4" cylinder would have a radius of 2" multiplied by Pi (say 3.1416) = 6.28 square inches of area x 2000 PSI = 12,566 pounds of pressure, or 6.25 tons of force. If my math is off, I'm sure someone will "fix it" for me. LOL

/ Purchasing B2650HSD with attachment question
So looking at that my tons of force won't be anywhere near the 25-31 Ton that I would want?

Looking at some of the other threads JJ recommended using this valve "Model LS3060 Rapid Extend Log Splitter"

Has anyone used it and is it connected before the splitter while still using the valve that comes with the splitter?
I am new to the whole Hyd. line thing and wondering how easy it would be to install?
Looks like it would be the way to go as he states will take 4gpm and convert to about 24gpm.

Thanks

/ Purchasing B2650HSD with attachment question #15  
There have been several threads on bumping up hydraulic pressure on Kubotas to maybe 2400psi, via shims, and as the others have posted, yes, pretty much any tractor will operated a rear splitter, but don't expect the ram to be quick. A quick look at Tractordata says you will have 5gpm. Not a lot for a big splitter.

/ Purchasing B2650HSD with attachment question #16  
So looking at that my tons of force won't be anywhere near the 25-31 Ton that I would want?

Looking at some of the other threads JJ recommended using this valve "Model LS3060 Rapid Extend Log Splitter"

Has anyone used it and is it connected before the splitter while still using the valve that comes with the splitter?
I am new to the whole Hyd. line thing and wondering how easy it would be to install?
Looks like it would be the way to go as he states will take 4gpm and convert to about 24gpm.

Thanks

I'm not familiar with that valve though it looks interesting. But, you have to replace whatever valve comes with the splitter with that one at extra cost.

As a point of reference, I ran a small splitter off my BX a few years back. The BX has about 3.5 GPM and 1,800 PSI +/-. Not a lot of force or speed, but it split 90% of what I needed split (didn't try to split any 36" however). What I used back then was a two-way splitter that splits in both directions so you don't have to retract the cylinder before splitting the next log. There's quite a few models on the market that are two-way. Mine was a Northerntool Powerhorse model. That's one way to "speed up" the process to compensate for the low GPM.

As was stated, you could adjust the pressure on your B2650, but you'd be looking at adding a few hundred PSI before you are pushing the safety limits of your system, and you might void your warranty if any hydraulic parts should fail. But, like I said, most times you don't need the full tonnage of any given log splitter.

Here's a link to the DR dual-action version, but there are others out there, just can't recall the brands off the top of my head

DR Power Dual-Action Log Splitter: 3 Point Hitch/PTO Wood Splitter

/ Purchasing B2650HSD with attachment question
Well I think I like the dual action on splitting in both directions, thanks for the info as I am thinking about holding off on the splitter now wait and see how easy the BH77 will be to take on and off.

When I do get splitter I think I will go with that dual action. Will just have to decide on the 3PH or stand alone.

If anyone has used the LS3060 Rapid Extend Log Splitter Valve would love to know how easy it is to install on the 3PH splitter?

Thanks again for all the info, just can't wait to get the B2650 now.... hopefully next week?

/ Purchasing B2650HSD with attachment question #19  
Speed will come from GPM's and not PSI's

You will still get 25 tons even with a 3 GPM pump but will have time to make a phone call while waiting.