purchasing BX2200 ... used or new?

/ purchasing BX2200 ... used or new? #1  

bob_a

Hello All,

Tomorrow - I think - I am buying from a local dealer, a used Kubota BX2200 for $12,500. It was used 35 hours. It has a midmount mower and a front end loader. The setup is in great condition - hardly a scratch on the body or FEL ... the MMM will be new ... and I get about 3/4s of the tractor warranty time transferred.

What do you think? Good price? Rip off?

I was thinking I might be better off just buying a new tractor with the same stuff for about $1,000 more, but there seem to be few around. Supposedly because the BX2200 has been discontinued and will be replaced with a new model in Oct/Nov... anyone know what it will be replaced by?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Bob

/ purchasing BX2200 ... used or new? #2  
I looked at a 2 yr old BX2200 that had about 150 hrs on it. With MMM, FEL, and tiller, they wanted almost what it cost me new to buy, minus the tiller.

The used one was almost or was out of warranty. I'm sure it would have been just fine mechanically as it looked new, but for me, the interest rate to finance a new one was a LOT cheaper than buying used. Plus I got a full warranty.

Your dealer might be able to run new financing on the used unit--I don't know. But I would check the finance costs over the life of the loan (if you are going that way) to see. Buying new with a lower rate might be cheaper than used if the interest rate is a lot higher.

My BX has worked flawlessly--wish I could use it more!

Ron

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ purchasing BX2200 ... used or new? #3  
I have heard tractor prices are high up that way. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
But a $1000 off new for 35 hours sounds good.
What about financing?
Do you get new tractor financing?
If not, and you are financing, might eat up the savings in paying a higher rate /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ purchasing BX2200 ... used or new? #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Hello All,

Tomorrow - I think - I am buying from a local dealer, a used Kubota BX2200 for $12,500. It was used 35 hours.

I was thinking I might be better off just buying a new tractor with the same stuff for about $1,000 more, but there seem to be few around. Supposedly because the BX2200 has been discontinued and will be replaced with a new model in Oct/Nov... anyone know what it will be replaced by?

)</font>

Last Friday I was at my dealer in Southern NH and they had at least one new BX2200's with loader and mower for $13585 (or right around there, anyway). This was the newest design, newer than the one I bought in March.

Sounds like it's a matter of about $1100 for a new tractor with full warrantee. I don't think you'll really have a problem with the older tractor but it's reall up to you where your comfort level is.

Good luck and I don't think you'll be sorry whichever way you decide to go! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ purchasing BX2200 ... used or new?
No - I can't get new tractor financing. But local bank charging about 3.9%. New tractor would be at 2%. Difference is only about $400 over two years ... so $1,000 savings cut to $600. Seems that a new tractor (assuming I can find a BX2200) might be the wiser move ...

And does anyone know why tractors are so much more here in NE??????????????????

Hi Bob B,

I'll be in Boston this weekend - gotta visit the folks - are we allowed to mention dealer names on this forum? If so - who was that Southern NH dealer - I'd like to stop by.

Bob A

/ purchasing BX2200 ... used or new? #7  
bob_a Where in New England are you? Have you considered a Massey GC2300 it is a great tractor! I also offer a four year warranty. If you are close to southern NH I could send you a free demo so you can try before you buy. Steve

Hello Steve
No I had not considered a Massey. Folks here in MidCoast Maine (Rockland) live by Deeres and Kubotas, at least the ones I have met.

Bob

/ purchasing BX2200 ... used or new? #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Hi Bob B,

I'll be in Boston this weekend - gotta visit the folks - are we allowed to mention dealer names on this forum? If so - who was that Southern NH dealer - I'd like to stop by.

Bob A )</font>

Well, we're going to find out if we are allowed to mention them! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif It is MB Tractor on Rte 125 in Plaistow NH.

/ purchasing BX2200 ... used or new? #10  
I bought a used BX2200 and saved several thousand dollars. I wish I had not. It has several problems. I traded it in on a B7800 and it was one of the best decisions I have made. For only $1000 I would be new. A tractor is a long term investment and that is not much money. You never know how someone treated the tractor. Unless you know the owner I would buy new.