Putting walk behind tiller behind a tractor

/ Putting walk behind tiller behind a tractor #11  
bakerg said:
No vid yet:( but it's back to the drawing board as the 3"x 3/16" angle iron was not strong enough and when I hit some hard ground and the tiller started bouncing it snapped the angle iron in half. :eek: Will have to get some thicker mtetal. ;)
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/402/0428121152.jpg/

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/526/0505121306.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/716/0505121307.jpg/

I'd definitely beef it up and try it again. You're on to something good there.

/ Putting walk behind tiller behind a tractor #12  
hmmm.... I love that idea.... I might have to steal that!

/ Putting walk behind tiller behind a tractor #13  
good idea, making do with what you have.:thumbsup:

/ Putting walk behind tiller behind a tractor
Well I went from 3/16" angle iron to 3/8" angle, will see if this hold up once the rain stops . ;)

/ Putting walk behind tiller behind a tractor #15  
Great idea!!! :).... And I agree with Radioman!...''Making do with what you have''!!! :thumbsup:

Have you ever seen these tow-behind tillers ??... Agri-Fab Universal Tow-Behind Tiller 36in. Width, Model# 45-0308 | Tillers | Northern Tool + Equipment

I think yours will be better because you can raise it with the 3PT-Hitch!!! :)

Well I went from 3/16" angle iron to 3/8" angle, will see if this hold up once the rain stops . ;)
What about putting a piece of flat-bar on top of the 3/16" angle-iron, and welding it all together ??.. That would really make it strong!!!... You may have to go to 3/8", or even 1/2'' metal!

Hope it all works out for you!!! :)... Lookin' forward to seeing a video of it in action!!! ;)

Bill

/ Putting walk behind tiller behind a tractor #16  
I think just beefing up you material thickness might not be enough. I'd ad a ridged link from somewhere like the handlebars to the vertical bar going to your upper 3 point.
another option would be to widen the mount and use 2 holes outside of the tiller frame.

Try one (or both) of those ideas if this one breaks too.

/ Putting walk behind tiller behind a tractor
I think just beefing up you material thickness might not be enough. I'd ad a ridged link from somewhere like the handlebars to the vertical bar going to your upper 3 point.
another option would be to widen the mount and use 2 holes outside of the tiller frame.

Try one (or both) of those ideas if this one breaks too.

Thanks, will keep it in mind if I still have problems.:thumbsup: It did work great until the angle iron broke.::rolleyes:

/ Putting walk behind tiller behind a tractor #18  
it would probably work better if you took off the handles, the wheels and turned it around, but this way lets you still use it the way it was designed

why would it be better to turn it around?? is it because it has a pulling tendency the way it is? and would it still till if it was pulled "backwards"? pretty cool idea, I like many others have thought about it, just havent got around to it, I have a troy buily, and was wondering if I could replace the blown engine in place of a pto powered, I may have to try this ,,

/ Putting walk behind tiller behind a tractor #19  
pretty cool idea,, once you get the bugs worked out, you will be good to go,, good for you,

/ Putting walk behind tiller behind a tractor #20  
why would it be better to turn it around?? is it because it has a pulling tendency the way it is? and would it still till if it was pulled "backwards"?

Power wheeled tillers run the opposite direction as the cheap walk behind tillers. I'm not sure about the PTO ones. I sort of remembered the one I use going "forward" to keep from tossing dirt at the operator. it digs in better. It probably wouldn't jump around as much either because it would dig in instead of jumping up. That type of tiller needs the tiller rotation to move the tiller, when used as intended.